- Education Funding
- Aids and Grants
Aids and Grants
Student Grants are one of the types of financial assistants that is
provided to students through government agencies, foundations or various
other organizations. These grants are not repayable and support the
education of students at various levels. Moreover, Students need to
apply for Grants and can later use them for any requirement they think
is difficult to cover.
Procedure to apply for Grants
In order to apply for Grants,
students first have to be eligible for them. Thereafter, the respective
agency evaluates application forms and then awards them to the suitable
candidates. One of the major criteria of eligibility is the financial
status of a student. Thus, if a student belongs to low income group then
he or she is easily provided with Grant. However, a student belonging to
high or middle income group may not be eligible for them.
different types of Grants are awarded for different levels of education, such as
primary, secondary and post- secondary education. In such a case, the students
may consult with their colleges and financial aids departments to get
latest information on the available Grants and their eligibility
Tips for Students
- Grants are country specific and each one of them has different conditions.
- Furthermore, the eligibility criteria, rules, dates, application
forms and procedures also vary according to the different organizations.
- Student Grants may include Maintenance Grant or a Fee Grant, which is decided according to the eligibility of the candidate.
- Before applying, students should go through the various eligibility criteria and then fill the appropriate application form.
- In many cases a test is taken whereby, students have to mention their nationality and means of livelihood.
- Students who receive Grants are usually contacted directly and their names are published on the website.