- Admission Counseling
Admission Counseling for UG/PG Diploma/Degree
Counseling is integral part of Admission to most of the professional courses. In general counseling begins after declaration of merit. The counseling serves the purpose to allot you a seat in the study program of your choice. Counseling may be at institutional level or centralized. To sum up counseling is pre admission criteria to fulfill the following purposes
- Verification of eligibility criteria for admission to the given course including
- Rank in Qualifying Examination
- Educational Qualification required for admission to said programme.
- Age and Date of Birth Verification
- Health Checkup / Verification of a candidate’s health
- Verification of reservation if a candidate claims to belong to a reserved category
- Allotment of seat
- Booking of seat, this means you will need to submit tuition fees etc if seat is allotted
- To check eligibility criteria to apply for scholarships
The counseling authority whether its joint admission authority or admission officer of an individual institution for a programme publishes detailed notification about administration of counseling. In general printed letters are sent via post and candidates are informed to attend counseling session for admission at a given date and time. Now many admission authorities also offer online counseling.
The universities/colleges/institutions publish detailed criteria about counseling procedure on official gadget preferably called prospectus/brochure. All such information also made available online via respective official websites.
There are many entrance examinations in India
both at national level and state level. Counseling requirements may vary depending on the programme you apply.
And to ask a question about a programme / courses / admission counseling do feel free to get in touch to Career Guide