- Career Options
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Do you like to take on challenges and want to participate in cutting-edge research? Brain is involved in everything we do, from making decisions about our money, learning new skills, fine motor skills or sports to name a few, so career seekers are often surprised to know the limitless career paths in Neurobiology. Neuro Science offers opportunity to work in diverse industries too and in one of the hottest professions.
This particular branch of the biological sciences overlaps the medical, pharmaceutical and scientific sectors and neuroscience careers are abundant. Even when the economy is floundering, there will always be diseases to combat and that’s just where a Neuroscientist fits into the grand scheme of medical and pharmaceutical discoveries. A career in neuroscience is a highly specialized field of employment as neuroscience is the study of how the transmission of neurons in the brain affects behavior.
Role of Neuroscientists
- Collecting , evaluating data and analyzing data
- Gathering information and making critical observations
- Making oral presentations
- Conducting research and preparing/writing reports
- Learning research methodology
- Problem solving and keeping records
Academic Qualification of Neuroscientists
Candidate who is seeking to pursue M.Sc in Neuroscience, from any of the recognized Institution, must have completed the Bachelors Degree program in Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Neurobiology, Neuroscience or Zoology along with Chemistry.
Skills of Neuroscientists
You'll need to rely on a number of hard and soft skills to successfully complete your professional tasks. These may include:
- Critical Thinking: The ability to think critically is an important skill required to be Neuroscientists.
- Informed Scientific Decisions: Using scientific rules and strategies to solve problems and should also have the ability to make informed decisions.
- Communication:The ability to communicate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Mathematical and Concept Understanding: The ability to recognize patterns among concepts, ideas and mathematical arrangements.
- Learning Strategies:Using the best training or teaching strategies for learning new things.
- Reasoning Skills:The ability to bring deductive and inductive reasoning skills to complex problems.
Scope of Neuroscience in India
Research in Neuroscience is upcoming in India and there are a couple of institutions engaged in some great research. The field offers both medical and non-medical career options. From being a neuro-surgeon, neuro physician or neurologist, neuro anesthetist, neuro pathologist, neuro ophthalmologist, neuro radiologist, neuro physiologist, psychiatrist, clinical psychologists, physio, rehab and occupational therapists with Masters in Neurophysiotherapy, or even speech therapists okne has a plethora options to choose from.
For the complete list, click below: