- Career Options
- Community Social Service
Religious Activities and Education
Individuals who are interested in a career of religious activities and education should have a desire to help others and be willing to work with a different individuals, groups and communities. Religious Worker are responsible for organizing and coordinating programs designed to promote activities related to religion.
Role of Religious Worker
- Organizing religious events.
- Analyze member participation.
- Counseling individuals on religious problems.
- Develop ways to encourage program participation.
- Identify and recruit potential volunteer workers.
- Support or be a part of religious activities.
- Organize events such as meetings, camps, conferences and seminars.
- Provide training and supervise religious education instructional staff.
- Develop or direct study courses or religious education programs within congregations.
- Collaborate with other ministry members to establish goals and objectives for religious education programs
Personal Skills Required to be Religious Worker
Communication skills — The ability to listen, understand and communicate information and ideas in a way that is easily understood by others. since he will be required often to make presentations to large groups, instructing adult classes and in other ways that are unique to the particular church that employs the individuals.
Problem solving skills — The ability to recognize a problem and thereafter solving the issues.
Keen observation — The ability to see details and use them for the benefits of others.
Multi-tasking — The ability to do many task at a time use different sets of rules for combining or grouping things in different ways.
Social skills : Interacting with people, having ability to listens, react and help individuals
Time management & coordination skills — Managing time effectively besides being able to work with different people at the same time.
Pros and ConsPros
- Growing field
- Not too much education required
- Opportunity to meet people from all backgrounds and ages
- Work can be emotionally draining
- Long hours and demanding schedules
- May have to meet license requirements
Click on the links below for the list of careers under Community and Social Service