If you are compassionate, like interacting with people, have patience and can listen to the experiences of the people without getting bored, then you have found yourself a perfect job- Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors.
Who is a Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors?
Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors, are professional who offer counseling services to people alcohol, drugs, gambling, behavioral problems and eating disorders.
Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors advise individuals who are addicted to drugs to help them identify behaviors and issues related as a result of their addictions. They hold counseling sessions for individuals, families, or groups to help them in dealing with their problems.
Role of a Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors
Substance abuse and behavioral disorder counselors, also known as "addiction counselors", work with clients both individually and in groups depending upon the need.
- Help clients recover from their addiction by teaching them the skill to lead a normal life
- Make individuals, groups and families aware about addiction or behavior disorders and help them to overcome with those problems
- Assess the mental and physical health of the client and their acceptability about getting the treatment.
- Help clients to make goals and achieve them
- Talk to corporates and other resources for job placement services and support groups for the clients
- Work closely with the clients to identify situations that inhibits or slow down the process of recovery
- Make people aware about the addictions and inform them about the ways to avoid them