- Join Cisf
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Recruitment
Industries are significant part of any human society. The onus of industrial safety is the responsibility of the government. Industries need a different kind of security expertise. These forces not only give protection but also stand strong in case if there is an accident like fire or natural calamity. To protect interests of Industries in India, the Government has very well organized Central Industrial Security Force (CISF).
The security organization CISF was formed on 10 March 1969. The agency comes under the management protocol of Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). Now it has 144,418 Active Personnel. The Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) is the parent agency of CISF. Some of the typical responsibilities that comes on the soldiers of CISF are
- Security to various Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs)
- Security to other Critical Infrastructure
- Security to major airports of the country
- Security during elections
- Security to VVIPs
- Other internal security duties
Today, CISF is providing professional security services to 300 industrial units, government projects, and other facilities. It has 132 battalions including 9 reserve battalions.
The Head of the CISF is Director General (DG). The Additional Director General (Addl. DG) is Assistant to DG. The administrative officers of CISF are appointed from Indian Police Service (IPS) and Financial Advisor comes from Indian Revenue Service (IRS).
The CISF rank structure of Gazetted Officers together with equivalent Police Ranks is given below.
- Director General (Apex Scale of the Indian Police Service) equivalent Director General of a State Police Force
- Additional Director General (Higher Administrative Grade of the IPS cadre, also available to BSF cadre) equivalent C.P, ADG
- Inspector General (IG) equivalent IG, Joint C.P
- Deputy Inspector General (DIG) equivalent Additional C.P, DIG
- Commandant (Comdt) equivalent SSP/DCP
- Deputy Commandant (Dy Comdt) equivalent Addl SP, Addl.DCP
- Assistant Commandant (Asst Comdt) equivalent Dy.SP, ACP