- Join Crpf
Career Opportunities with Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
The Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) comes under the administration of Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). The main task of the CRPF is to help Indian Police Forces to maintain law and order in different parts of the country and counter insurgency. This arm of Indian Police Forces was established as Crown Representative’s Police on 27 July 1939. The Headquarters of CRPF is based in National Capital, New Delhi.
According to Wikipedia
Web Directory of Information Database, currently CRPF has 313,678 Active Personnel. For the year 2018-19, the Government of India has allocated an annual budget of Rs. 20,268.03 crore. Cobra and Rapid Action Force (RAF) are the Child agencies of CRPF. Currently it has 243 battalions (including 204 executive Bns, 6 Mahila Bns, 15 RAF Bns, 10 CoBRA Bns, 5 Signal Bns and 1 Special Duty Group, 1 Parliament Duty Group).
The head of the CRPF is the Director General (DG) and comes from Indian Police Service (IPS).
The Rank Structure of CRPF Gazetted Officers, Group A Officers again equivalent Police Ranks in underlined below.
- Director General (Apex Scale of the Indian Police Service) Director General of State Police Force
- Special Director General (HAG+ Scale of the Indian Police Service) Special Director
- Additional Director General (HAG Scale of the Indian Police Service, also available to BSF cadre) CP, ADG
- Inspector General (IG) IG/Joint CP
- Deputy Inspector General (DIG) DIG/Additional CP
- Commandant (CO) SSP/DCP
- Second In Command (2IC) SP/DCP
- Deputy Commandant (DC) Addl. SP/Addl. DCP
- Assistant Commandant (AC): Group A Gazetted Officer DSP/ACP
Till date CRPF has won 1586 medals. Name of medals won given below
- George Cross
- King's Police Medal for Gallantry
- Ashok Chakra
- Kirti Chakra
- Padma Shri
- Vir Chakra
- Shaurya Chakra
- President's Police and Fire Services Medal for Gallantry
- President's Police Medal for Gallantry
- Yudh Seva Medal
- Sena Medal
- Vishisht Seva Medal
- Police Medal for Gallantry
- Jeevan Raksha Padak
- Prime Minister's Police Medal for Life Saving
The medals, awards and accolades won by men and women in CRPF come from all ranks. Every rank matters; the efforts of men and women across battalions and hierarchy has equal importance. Grade A Officers to CRPF are recruited through UPSC Civil Services Examination
. While many other ranks are filled through SSC Examination
and Direct Recruitment. Pay and other benefits are in accordance with Government of India norms.
The CRPF Recruitment Notification is published in Gazette like Employment News as well as in official website.
The young candidates looking for job and has a passion to join police forces look for information like Posts, No. of Vacancies, Eligibility, Selection Procedure etc. To fill the gap we have gatherd here CRPF Recruitment Information.