- Join Indian Army
Indian Army 128th Technical Graduate Course
Engineers are the nation builders. And when they work with the Indian Army they build a stronger nation. Considering the potential trapped in the classrooms of engineering colleges the Indian Army invites applications for 128th TGC entry also known as Technical Graduate Course to be commenced at Indian Military Academy (IMA) Dehradun. The course is open for male candidates only. On successful completion of training a Permanent Commission (PC) is offered to selected candidates. They are appointed in the rank of Lieutenant.
1 year at IMA Dehradun
TGC-128 Vacancies 2018
- Electrical/ Electrical & Electronics: Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Electronics & Power), Power System Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering: 5
- Civil: Civil, Engineering, Civil Engineering (Structural Engineering), Structural Engineering: 10
- Architecture: Architecture Engineering: 01
- Mechanical: Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical (Mechatronics) Engineering, Mechanical & Automation Engineering: 4
- Computer Sc & Engg/ Computer Technology/ Info Tech/M.Sc Computer Sc: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Science & Engineering: 6
- Electronics & Telecom/Telecommunication/Electronics & Comn/Satellite Communication Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Telecommunication Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electronics & Electrical Communication Engineering: 7
- Electronics: Power Electronics & Drives: 2
- Metallurgical: Metallurgical Engineering, Metallurgy & Material Technology, Metallurgy & Material Engineering Metallurgy & Engineering & Material Science Metallurgy and Explosives: 2
- Electronics & Instrumentation/Instrumentation: Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, Electronics & Instrumentation & Control Engineering, Instrumentation & Control Engineering, Instrumentation Technology: 2
- Micro Electronics and Microwave: 1
Total No. of Seats: 40
TGC-128 Important Dates 2018
- Start of online application process: 17 April 2018
- End of online application process: 16 May 2018
TGC-128 Eligibility Criteria 128Age:
The age of the candidate should be 20 to 27 years as on 1st of July, 2018Qualification:
BE / B Tech final appearing & degree holders in notified streams of Engineers.Marital Status:
A candidate must either be:
a. an Indian citizen,
b. a subject of Nepal,
c. a subject of Bhutan,
d. a Tibetan refugee who has come to India, before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling down in India,
e. an Indian origin person who has migrated from Vietnam, Ethiopia, Zaire, Malawi, Zambia, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, East African Countries of Kenya, Sri Lanka, Burma and Pakistan with the intention of permanently settling down in India.
f. The Government of India should issue a certificate in favor of the candidate belonging to the categories (b), (c), (d) and (e).
However, Certificate of eligibility will not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.Physical Standards
a. Height and Weight: The height of the candidate should be atleast 157.5 cms with correlated weight. There is a relaxation of 5 cms in height in case of candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis. For candidates belonging to Lakshadeep, there is a relaxation of 2 cms in height and weight commensurate with reduced height.
b. Permanent Body Tattoos : Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand.
Medical Examination: The recommended candidates are required to undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers.
TGC-128 Selection Process 2018
- Received online applications of candidates will be forwarded to respective Command HQrs.
- Preliminary Screening test will be held in respective Command HQ. Preliminary selection of prospective candidates studying in the Pre – Final Year (Engineering) will be made by selection teams detailed by Command HQ for holding preliminary interviews at University/ College.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates will be interviewed at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer.
- The candidates will be put through two stages of selection procedure. Candidates who successfully qualifies stage – I are retained for stage – II, whereas the unsuccessful candidates will have to leave the interview venue.
- Selected Pre-final year students would be granted Short Service Commission on probation from the date of their joining the final year class. (i) After successful completion of degree course the candidates finally selected will be admitted for Pre- Commission training at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun for a period of 12 months.
TGC-128 Procedure of Application 2018
Interested aspirants, who accomplish the above mentioned
eligibility criteria successfully, may precede for the online
application process. The link for online application is accessible at
its official web page- joinindianarmy.nic.in
All candidates are supposed to go through the list of instructions
available and fill up the online application form accordingly.
To know more about How to write online application successfully
, click here.