- Join Indian Army
Recruitment of Women in Indian Army 2019
There are many opportunities for Women in Indian Army. As women today stands equivalent to men in every field of life so why not defence. Gone are those days when armed forces were only meant with men. Women can now equally participate in serving their country by joining armed forces but there are only certain positions for which women candidates are considered eligible.
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination twice a year for the recruitment of candidates into the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Officers Training Academy(OTA), Indian Naval Academy (INA) and Air Force Academy (AFA). However, the women candidates are only eligible to apply for the Officers Training Academy (OTA). The other three the IMA-Indian Military Academy, AFA-Air force Academy and the INA-Indian Naval Academy, are only for male candidates.
Presently the women are inducted into the following four branches of the Indian Army as Officers through women entries: SSCW (NCC), SSCW (JAG), SSCW (Non – Technical) and SSCW (Technical).
Indian Army Training for Women
- SSCW (NCC): 49 weeks training at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu (TN), India.
- SSCW (JAG): 49 weeks training at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu (TN), India.
- SSCW (Non – Technical): 49 weeks training at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu (TN), India.
- SSCW (Technical): 49 weeks training at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu (TN), India.
Women in Indian Army 2019 Eligibility CriteriaSSCW (NCC):
Candidate should be a NCC Women Cadet. They must have successfully completed their graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marksAge:
The age of the candidate should be between 19-25 years.SSCW (JAG):
The candidate must have scored 55% marks in LLB graduation degree (3 years professional after graduation or 5 years after 10 2) and the candidate must be eligible for registration with Bar council of India/ State. Candidates having studied in the college/ university which are not recognized by the Bar council of India will not be accepted.Age:
The age of the candidate should be between 21-27 years.SSCW (Non – Technical):
Candidates should have successfully completed their graduation in any discipline.Age:
The age of the applicant should not be more than 35 years as on the date of applying.SSCW (Technical):
BE / B Tech final appearing & degree holders in notified streams of Engineers.Age:
The age of the applicant should be 20 to 27 years as on 1st October 2019. They should be born between 2nd October, 1991 and 1st October, 1998 (including both the dates).Nationality:
A candidate must either be:
a. an Indian citizen,
b. a subject of Nepal,
c. a subject of Bhutan,
d. a Tibetan refugee who has come to India, before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling down in India,
e. an Indian origin person who has migrated from Vietnam, Ethiopia, Zaire, Malawi, Zambia, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, East African Countries of Kenya, Sri Lanka, Burma and Pakistan with the intention of permanently settling down in India.
f. The Government of India should issue a certificate in favor of the candidate belonging to the categories (b), (c), (d) and (e).
However, Certificate of eligibility will not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
Women in Indian Army 2019 Selection processSSCW (NCC):
There are two stages of selection for the selection of candidates:
Stage 1: SSB Interview
Stage 2: Medical Examination
(a) All applications are forwarded to Rtg. Directorate (NCC Entry) through HQ DG NCC. The NCC Units/Gp HQs will forward the applications to State Directorates who in turn will forward the same to HQ DG NCC.
(b) Thorough Screening/Short-listing of applications based on qualifications of the candidates will be carried out by the NCC Directorates & HQ DG NCC.
Note: The exact Date, time and venue for the exam/interview will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course as well as such information will be also available in the official website of Indian Army.SSCW (JAG):
The selection procedure of the JAG entry is as follows:
SSCW (Technical and Non – Technical):
- The notification regarding the recruitment is published in Employment News and all leading Daily news Paper in the month of Jul/Aug and Jan/Feb.
- The shortlisting of candidates on the basis of the academic performance will be done by Recruiting Directorate, Integrated Headquarter of MoD (Army). The list of shortlisted candidates will be put on the Indian Army official website.
- The shortlisted candidates will be allotted SSB centers and date of reporting will be sent to them by e-mail or SMS.
- The candidates, who will report at the mentioned SSB center on mentioned date, will face stage 1 (Screening) and Stage 2 (psychology, GTO and personal interview).
- Those who pass the stage 1 will stay for stage 2 and those who fail in stage one will be set free on the same day.
- Candidates who will get recommendation after stage 2 will undergo documentation and will be sent for medical examination.
- Received online applications of candidates will be forwarded to respective Command Headquarters.
- Preliminary Screening test will be held in respective Command HQ. Preliminary selection of prospective candidates studying in the Pre – Final Year (Engineering) will be made by selection teams detailed by Command HQ for holding preliminary interviews at University/ College.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates will be interviewed at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer.
The candidates will be put through two stages of selection procedure. Candidates who successfully qualifies stage – I are retained for stage – II, whereas the unsuccessful candidates will have to leave the interview venue.
The duration of SSB interview is 5 days, followed by a medical examination.
Finally the candidates declared fit and recommended by the SSB will be issued joining letters in order of merit.
Women in Indian Army 2019 Application Process
Interested female aspirants, who accomplish the above mentioned eligibility criteria successfully, may proceed for the online application process. The link for online application is accessible at its official web page- joinindianarmy.nic.in
. All candidates are supposed to go through the list of instructions available and fill up the online application form accordingly.
To know more about How to write online application successfully
, click here.