- Education Funding
- Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship
Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship
The Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship is offered by the Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) for outstanding engineers to recognize, encourage and support translational research for achieving excellence in engineering, innovation and technology development. A maximum of 10 fellowships will be awarded per year.Benefits:
- A monthly fellowship of INR 25,000 in addition to the regular income
- A research grant of INR 15 lakh per year
- An INR 1 lakh per annum Overhead
Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be an Indian national working in India in various capacities of engineering profession in public funded institutions
- Candidates must possess the adequate professional qualification and hold at least a Bachelor’s degree
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of service left in the parent organisation as on the date of the award
Applicants should not be holding any other fellowship.
Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship Application Process
- Step 1: Visit the website https://www.inae.in/and download the application form.
- Step 2: Provide information on personal details, nominee's plan of work, educational details and address.
- Step 3: Fill employment details and nominator's details.
- Step 4: Send the application form to the address mentioned in the advertisement.
Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship Selection Process
- Candidates are selected periodically (normally twice a year) by a Search -Cum-Selection Expert Committee specially constituted for the purpose, as per the broad guidelines of the fellowship.
- The nominations can be sent by the Heads of the Institutions/ organisations, Presidents/fellows of National science/engineering academies, SS Bhatnagar Awardees and JC Bose awardees.
- All areas of engineering, innovation and technology are covered under this fellowship
- The duration of the fellowship will be initially for 3 years, extendable by upto 2 more years depending on the performance.
- The fellowship can be held for a maximum of 5 years.
- The fellowship is taxable as per IT rule of Government of India.
For latest updates see notifications