- Education Funding
- Aicte Pragati Scholarship
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls
The AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls is offered by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
, Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD) for girl students studying in the first year of a technical diploma/degree at an AICTE approved institution. The scholarship aims to empower young girls with knowledge, skills and self-confidence so that they could contribute to the development process. A total of 4,000 girl students are awarded up to INR 30,000 as tuition fee reimbursement and other benefits.Benefits:
- A total of 4000 girl students are awarded this
scholarship every year combining of 2000 Degree and 2000 Diploma
students. The selected students receive:
- A tuition fee of INR 30,000 or actual, whichever is less
- Incidental charges of INR 2,000 per month for a duration of 10 months every year
In the case of tuition fee reimbursement/waiver, the students will get
INR 30,000 for purchasing books, software, equipment, desktop, laptop,
vehicle or fee for application of competitive examination.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls Important Dates
- Application submission start date: Last week of August/1st week of September
- Application submission deadline: Last week of September/1st week of October
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be a girl student
- Candidates must be admitted to the 1st year of degree/diploma course in any of the AICTE approved institutions in 2019-20 through centralized admission process of the central/state government
- Candidates must have a family income of less than INR 8 Lakhs per annum
- The students who are already availing this scholarship can also apply for renewal of the same.
Up to two girls per family are eligible for this scholarship.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls Application ProcessFollow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
- Step 1: Click here to visit the online application system.
- Step 2: Click on 'Register here' to register.
- Step 3: Once registered, the candidates will receive a confirmation link via email on their registered email ID.
- Step 4: Click on the email link to confirm registration.
- Step 5: Login using the registered email id and password.
- Step 6: Fill the online application form carefully.
- Step 7: Upload the required documents in the prescribed format.
- Step 8: Finally, submit the application form.
- Mark Sheet of class 10 and 12 (as applicable)
- Annual family Income certificate for the previous financial year in the prescribed format issued by an official, not below the rank of Tahsildar
- Admission letter for getting admission in a degree/diploma course issued by the Directorate of Technical Education
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/Head of the Institute
- Receipt of tuition fee
- Bank account passbook seeded with the Aadhaar card indicating applicant's photograph, account number and IFSC code
- Caste certificate (applicable for SC, ST or OBC candidates)
- Aadhaar card
- Duly signed declaration by parents confirming the accuracy of information provided in the application form
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls Selection Criteria
- Candidates who have taken admission in an AICTE approved college/institution through Centralised Counseling Process (for government quota) are selected for Pragati Scholarship on the merit basis.
- While selecting the candidates for the disbursal of the Pragati Scholarship, 15% of the total seats are reserved for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidates.
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls Contact DetailsHead Office
Nelson Mandela Marg,
Vasant Kunj, New Delhi-110070
AICTE-Western Regional Office,
Industrial Assurance Bldg.,
2nd floor, V.N. Road, Churchgate,
Mumbai – 400 020
Phone: 022-22855412, 22821093Chennai
AICTE – Southern Regional Office,
‘Shastri Bhavan’, 26, Haddows Road,
Nungambakkam, Chennai – 600 006
Phone: 044-28279998, 28275650, 28232754Bengaluru
AICTE-South Western Regional Office,
P.K. Block, Palace Road,
Bangalore – 560 009
Phone: 080-22205979, 080-22205919, 080-22208407Bhopal
Central Regional Office,
All India Council For Technical Education,
Airport Bypass Road,
Gandhi Nagar, Bhopal – 462 036
All India Council For Technical Education A-1-2, Quarters,Chameli Baug, Campus of M.S.University Baroda, Vadodara- 39002 (Gujarat)
Phone: 0265-2750648, 2750614Chandigarh
AICTE – North Western Regional Office, Building, Dakshin Marg, Sector 36-A, Chandigarh – 160 036
Phone: 0172-2613326, 2661201Kanpur
AICTE - Northern Regional Office Government Polytechnic Campus Adjoining Directorate of Tech. Education Office, Vikas Nagar, Zoo Road, Kanpur-208024
AICTE – Eastern Regional Office Govt. College Of Engineering & Leather Technology Campus, LB Block, Sector – III, Salt Lake City, Kolkata – 700 098Hyderabad
AICTE – South Central Regional Office
West Block Nos. 201-204 & 221 to 224, 2nd Floor Swarna Jayanti Commercial Complex Ameerpet, Hyderabad 500038 Telangana
Phone: 040-23341036, 040-23340113, 040-23345071Guwahati
AICTE North East Regional Office, Assam Engineering College Campus, Jalukbari, Guwahati Assam - 781013
College of Engineering, Thiruvananthapuram
Phone: 0471-2596363, 2594343, 2592323
For latest updates see notifications