- Education Funding
- Aicte Saksham Scholarship Scheme
AICTE Saksham Scholarship to Physically Challenged
The AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme is offered by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
, Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD) for differently-abled students pursuing technical degree/diploma courses from recognized institutions. The main objective of this scholarship is to promote technical education
by offering financial assistance to specially-abled students for
continuation of their professional studies.Benefits:
- A total of 1,000 differently-abled students are
awarded this scholarship every year combining of 500 Degree and 500
Diploma students. The selected students receive:
- Tuition fee of INR 30,000 or actual, whichever is less
- Incidental charges of INR 2,000 per month for a duration of 10 months every year.
In case of tuition fee reimbursement/waiver, the students will get INR
30,000 for purchasing books, software, equipment, desktop, laptop,
vehicle or fee for application of competitive examination.
AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme Important Dates
- Application start date: Last week of August/1st week of September
- Application deadline: Last week of September/1st week of October
AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be a specially-abled student with disability level not less than 40%
- Candidate must be admitted to the 1st year of degree/diploma course in any of the AICTE approved institution through centralized admission process of the central/state government
- Candidate must have a family income of less than INR 8 Lakhs per annum.
AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme Application ProcessFollow the steps below to apply for the scholarship:
- Step 1: Visit the online application system https://www.aicte-pragati-saksham-gov.in/
- Step 2: Click on 'Register here' to register.
- Step 3: Once registered, the candidates will receive a confirmation link via email on their registered email ID.
- Step 4: Click on the email link to confirm registration.
- Step 5: Login using the registered email id and password.
- Step 6: Fill the online application form carefully.
- Step 7: Upload the required documents in the prescribed format.
- Step 8: Finally, submit the application form.
- Mark sheet of class 10 and 12 (as applicable)
- Annual family Income certificate for the previous financial year in the prescribed format issued by an official, not below the rank of Tahsildar
- Admission letter for getting admission in a degree/diploma course issued by the Directorate of Technical Education
- Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/Head of the Institute
- Disability certificate issued by the competent authority
- Receipt of tuition fee
- Bank account passbook seeded with the Aadhaar card indicating applicant's photograph, account number and IFSC code
- Caste certificate (applicable for SC, ST or OBC candidates)
- Aadhaar card
- Duly signed declaration by the parents confirming the accuracy of information provided in the application form
AICTE-Saksham Scholarship Scheme Selection Process
- Candidates who have taken admission in an AICTE approved college/institution through Centralised Admission Process (for government quota) are selected for Saksham Scholarship on the merit basis.
- While selecting the candidates for the disbursal of the scholarship, 15% of the total seats are reserved for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidates.
- Candidates admitted through management quota are not eligible to apply for the AICTE Saksham Scholarship.
- Candidates must have a general saving account in a bank. They cannot use FRILL/Minor/Joint account.
- Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) is used to directly transfer the
scholarship amount into the selected candidate’s bank account.
- The scholarships for degree and diploma are transferable in event of
non-availability of eligible applicants in any of the degree/diploma
- The applications received from students pursuing
a dual degree/integrated degree/lateral entry programme at UG
degree/diploma level cannot apply for this scholarship.
For latest updates see notifications