- Education Funding
- Central Sector Scheme Of Scholarship
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship is offered by The Department of Higher Education under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) of Government of India for class 12 passed students studying College and University. The main of the scholarship is to support the meritorious students from financially weaker sections by providing them financial assistance for their day-to-day expenses incurred while pursuing higher studies.
- The students selected for this scholarship are provided financial support which varies depending on their education level.
- At graduation level, a scholarship of INR 10,000 per annum will be provided for the first three years.
- At the post-graduation level, an amount of INR 20,000 per annum will be provided.
- For 5-year professional courses, INR 20,000 per annum will be provided in the 4th and 5th year.
In the case of technical courses such as B.Tech and B.E., the selected
candidates will receive a scholarship for up to graduation level.
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship Important Dates
Scholarship announcement date: 2nd week/3rd week of July
Scholarship closing date: 3rd week/4th week of October
Last date for defective verification: 2nd week/3rd week of November
Last date for institute verification: 2nd week/3rd week of November
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must score a minimum of 80% in the relevant stream in class 12 or equivalent of respective State examination boards.
- Candidates must be pursuing a regular course such as medical and engineering in a college/institution recognised by the AICTE, Dental Council of India (DCI), Medical Council of India (MCI) and other respective regulatory authorities.
- Candidates must have an annual family income not more than INR 8 Lakhs from all sources.
- Candidates must not receive any other scholarship.
Students pursuing degree courses through distance mode or correspondence and diploma courses are not eligible.
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship Application Process
- Step 1: Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal https://scholarships.gov.in/
- Click on 'New Registration'.
- Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
- Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
- Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
- Aadhaar Card (in case Aadhaar is not yet assigned, alternatives like
- Aadhaar enrolment ID slip, application made for Aadhaar enrolment, voter
- ID card, driving license, PAN, passport, etc., can be used)
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Income certificate
Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship Selection Process
Students will be selected based on the merit list as per the state allocated quota. The applications of the candidates will be verified at two distinctive levels, namely-
- By the Institute where the student is studying
- By the respective State Education Board
For latest updates see notifications