- Education Funding
- Ichr Post Doctoral Fellowship
ICHR Post Doctoral Fellowship
ICHR Post Doctoral Fellowship is offered by the Indian Council of Historical Research for Post Doctoral Fellowship from PhD scholars. The fellowship aims to award the eligible candidates to promote quality research work.
Selected fellows will receive INR 30,800 per month and a contingency grant of INR 22,000 per annum for a period of two years.
ICHR Post Doctoral Fellowship Important Dates
Application deadline: 3rd week of December/4th week of December
ICHR Post Doctoral Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates must have shown significant competence in research work, having been awarded their PhD or have done equivalent research work of merit in History or its allied subjects.
- The candidates must desire to work on approved research themes at recognized Institutions of Research Universities under the guidance of a senior scholar.
ICHR Post Doctoral Fellowship Application Process
- Step 1: Download the application form from the website.
- Step 2: Fill in all the details.
- Step 3: Attach all the required documents.
- Step 4: Submit the application form by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.Note: The applicants are also required to submit the hard copy of the application for to -
The Member Secretary,
Indian Council of Historical Research, 35, Ferozeshah Road,
New Delhi - 110001
- Copies of certificates of educational qualifications
- Copies of language qualification certificates, if applicable
- Copy of SC/ST/disability certificate, if applicable
- Copy of PhD dissertation
- Copy of Bio Data: 2 copies
- Copies of published book(s) and articles in reputed journals
- Detailed Proposal: 3 copies
ICHR Post Doctoral Fellowship Selection Process
The award of the fellowship will be decided by a Committee of specialists, on the basis of the experts’ evaluation of the proposal and the presentation made by the candidate.
Terms and Conditions
- A detailed synopsis (Five copies) on the proposed research topic should be submitted (both soft copy & hard copy) along with the application and requisite documents/certificates.
- The applicant should attach self-attested copies of the certificates of educational qualifications, date of birth, research experience and signed copy of checklist etc. The application should be sent by post to the following address:
Indian Council of Historical Research
No. 35, Ferozeshah Road,
New Delhi – 110001
- An application fee of Rs. 300/- (Rupees three hundred only) shall be paid in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of the DDO, ICHR, payable at Delhi; [candidates belonging to SC/ST/Persons with Disability (PwD) category are exempted from payment of the fee].
- Second class (sleeper) railway or bus fare chargeable by the shortest routes from railway station/bus stand nearest to their normal place of residence or from where they actually perform the journey, whichever is nearer to the place of presentation & interview will be reimbursed only to the SC/ST and PwD candidates on production of ticket(s), provided the distance travelled is not less than 30 km.
- Applications for PDF should be submitted along with a non-refundable fee of Rs.300/- (Rupees Three Hundred only) in the form of a Demand Draft drawn in favour of "DDO, ICHR" payable at Delhi. (Please note - Any deviation from the prescribed mode of payment will not be acceptable).
ICHR Post Doctoral Fellowship Contact Details
Member Secretary, Indian
Council of Historical Research,
35, Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi- 110 001Phone: 91 11 23382321