- Education Funding
- Inspire She
INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) 2019
INSPIRE broadly stands for Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research. The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India offers INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE). This is scholarship scheme for meritorious students undertaking bachelor’s and master’s courses in Natural and Basic Sciences discipline. Under this scheme 12,000 scholarships are offered every year.
Each selected candidate gets a scholarship amount of INR 80,000 per annum and many other benefits for the study of Science and Technology and pursue research as a career.Find below the complete details of the benefits granted under this scholarship.
- The total amount given to a selected candidate is INR 80,000 per year.
- Selected candidate receive Rs. 60000 per year @ INR 5000 per month
- INR 20,000 paid every year towards undertaking the mandatory summer research project.
Note: All the selected candidates need to undertake summer research projects under the guidance of an active researcher in a recognised research center of India.
INSPIRE SHE Scholarship 2019 Important Dates
The scholarship is announced every year during the mid of October and ends at the end of the month of December. INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education 2019 is yet to be announced.
- Online application starts: Mid-October
- Online application closes: End of December
- Release of list of shortlisted candidates: April/May
INSPIRE SHE Scholarship 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The age of the candidate should be between 17-22 years.
The candidate must be among the top 1% of the successful students in terms of aggregate marks in his/her class 12 board exam.
In the same year of passing class 12, the candidate must be enrolled in courses of Natural and Basic Sciences at the BSc, BS, and Integrated MSc/MS level.
Those among the top 10000 rankers in Joint Entrance Examination of IIT, AIEEE (top 20000 rankers) now JEE Main and JEE Advanced
& cleared CBSE-Medical (AIPMT) now NEET UG
and have opted to study Natural/Basic Sciences are eligible.
The candidates who are admitted to Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER), National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences (DAE-CBS) at the University of Mumbai for pursuing courses in Natural/Basic Sciences leading to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree are also eligible.
The candidates who are KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna), National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), Olympiad Medallists and Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) scholar and are pursuing courses in Natural/Basic Sciences leading to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree are eligible.
INSPIRE SHE Scholarship 2019 Subjects
The subjects that come under the scope of Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) are mentioned below:
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Oceanic Sciences
- Marine Biology
INSPIRE SHE Scholarship 2019 Application Process
Candidates are required to apply online for INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) by logging into the official website.Step 1:
Register as a new user on the INSPIRE scholarship portal. The candidate must enter his/her name, gender, date of birth, email, password, eligibility criteria and verification code for successful registration.Step 2:
The candidate receives user ID and password on their registered email ID where he/she needs to click on the activation link to activate his/her account.Step 3:
The candidate must keep the scanned copies of all the required documents as separate files before filling the application form.Step 4:
The applicant must log into the INSPIRE scholarship portal using his/her username and password.Step 5:
Candidate must fill in all the details like personal particulars, enrolment information at B.Sc. and Integrated M.Sc. level, senior secondary performance information, national level competitive exam details, contact details and other details in the scholarship application form.Step 6:
Candidate needs to upload all the required documents in support of the online scholarship application.Step 7:
The Candidate needs to review the entered details before the submission of the form by pressing on ‘Print Preview’ button. He/She must make sure that all the details and uploaded documents are correct.Step 8:
Now, the Candidate needs to click on ‘Submit’ button to submit the application.Step 9:
After the final submission of the online scholarship application form, the candidate must take the print out of the submitted application for his/her record.
INSPIRE SHE Scholarship 2019 Important Documents
Candidates are required to submit some important documents in support of the INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education application:
- Passport size photograph (JPEG format with size not more than 50 KB)
- Community/caste certificate in case the applicant belongs to OBC/SC/ST category (PDF format with size not more than 1 MB)
- Eligibility note or advisory note if provided by the State/Central Board (PDF format with size not more than 1 MB)
- Class 12th mark sheet (PDF format with size not more than 1 MB)
- Class 10th mark sheet or certificate (for proof of Date of Birth) - PDF format with size not more than 1 MB
- Certificate specifying rank/award in JEE (Main)/ JEE (Advanced)/ NEET/ KVPY /JBNSTS/ NTSE / International Olympic Medallists (if the candidate is eligible under this criterion) - PDF format with size not more than 1 MB
- Endorsement Form signed by the Principal of the College/Director of the Institute/Registrar of the University (PDF format with size not more than 1 MB)
- First page of the candidates SBI bank passbook (PDF format with size not more than 1 MB)
INSPIRE SHE Scholarship 2019 Selection Process
The candidates are evaluated on the basis of the specified eligibility criteria. On the basis of this evaluation, a list of shortlisted candidates is prepared. The list of shortlisted candidates is displayed on the online portal of INSPIRE and also on the website of the INSPIRE programme. The selected candidates receive their scholarship awards directly into their State Bank of India (SBI) bank account through DBT (Direct Bank Transfer).
INSPIRE SHE Scholarship Renewal
INSPIRE scholars need to fulfill the criteria mentioned below for the continuation of SHE scholarship in the subsequent years -
- They should score at least 60% marks or 7.0 GPA on a 10.0-point scale in the annual examinations each year (or 2 semesters).
- If he/she fails to secure the required marks in his/her B.Sc/BS/Int. M.Sc/Int. MS exam, the scholarship for that academic year will be canceled. The scholarship is resumed in the next academic year if the student’s academic performance is satisfactory.
INSPIRE Scholarship 2019 Contact Details
INSPIRE Programme Division
Department of Science and Technology,
Technology Bhavan, New Mehrauli Road,
New Delhi – 110 016.
Tel. No:0120-4619405, 0120-4619406
Mobile No.: 91-9643339670, 91-7290045884