- Education Funding
- Jc Bose Fellowship
JC Bose Fellowship
The JC Bose fellowship is an award for the active scientists in recognition for their outstanding performance. The fellowship is scientist-specific and very selective. All Areas of Science (in the broadest terms) are covered under this fellowship.
Nominations can also be sent for the fellowship by the Heads of the Institutions; JC Bose Fellows and Presidents of National science academies. The nominations are received throughout the year through online (www.serbonline.in
Nature of Support: JC Bose Fellowship
- The fellowship amount is Rs. 25,000 per month in addition to regular income.
- Research grant of Rs. 15.00 lakh per annum.
- Overhead of Rs.1.00 lakh per annum to the host institute.
The duration of the fellowship will be initially for five years. Should
the fellow superannuate during the term of the fellowship, the
fellowship can be continued if a host institution is willing to host the
fellowship up to the age of 68 years. The tenure of the fellowship
may be extended for subsequent term of 5 years based on rigorous
assessment of research performance during the tenure of the fellowship. A
minimum of 25% of the applicants seeking extension will not be granted
JC Bose Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should be an active scientist with a record of outstanding performance apparent from the award of SS Bhatnagar prize and or fellowship of science academies (including engineering, agriculture and medicine).
- The scientist should be in service at the time of nomination to this fellowship.
- The nominee should be an Indian national working in institutions in India.
- The nominee should not be receiving any other fellowship from any other Government sources.
- The fellowship can be held up to 68 years of age only.
JC Bose Fellowship Selection Process
Selection of JC Bose Fellows will be made periodically (normally twice a year) by a Search-cum-Selection Committee specially constituted for the purpose, as per the broad guidelines of the fellowship scheme.
JC Bose Fellowship Contact Details
Dr. Monika Agarwal, Scientist 'E'
Science and Engineering Research Board
5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor,
Vasant Square Mall,Plot No. A, Community Centre,
Sector-5, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj
Dr. Amitava Roy, Scientist 'G'