- Education Funding
- Nbhm Doctoral Scholarship
NBHM Doctoral Scholarship
The NBHM Doctoral Scholarship is offered by National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) functioning under the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), the Government of India. The scholarship is for candidates who are pursuing doctoral studies (PhD) in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics to support the pursuit of research leading to a PhD degree in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics.
Rs. 31,000 per month for the first two years
Rs. 35,000 per month for the subsequent two/three years
Yearly contingency grant of Rs. 40,000
House rent allowance (HRA)
NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Important Dates
Application deadline: Last week of December/1st week of January
NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must be enrolled in a full-time PhD programme in Mathematics/Applied Mathematics in a recognised university or institution in India
- Candidates must be aspiring to enrol in the above-mentioned programme by the year of applying.
- Candidates must qualify the written test and the subsequent interview.
NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Application Process
- Step 1: Go to official web portal https://www.imsc.res.in/~nbhm/ and register.
- Step 2: Make login and fill the required details.
- Step 3: Pay the application fee.
- Step 4: Submit the application.
NBHM Doctoral Scholarship Selection Process
Selection will done on the basis of performance in the test and the subsequent interview.Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview based on the performance in the test. At the time of the interview, the academic track record of the candidate will be scrutinized and taken into consideration.