- Education Funding
- Pmss For Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles
Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles
The Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles is offered by the Welfare and Rehabilitation Board (WARB), Ministry of Home Affairs for the dependent widows and wards of Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles personnel and dependent wards of State Police personnel to pursue the first professional degree at undergraduate or postgraduate level.Benefits:
- INR 3000 per month for girls
- INR 2500 per month for boys
- The scholarship amount is paid annually after selection at INR 36000 to each girl and INR 30000 to each boy.
- To ensure renewal of the scholarship for subsequent years, the students
need to pass the professional course with at least 50% marks.
- The scholarship can be tenable for up to 5 years depending upon the duration of the course pursued by the applicant.
- The selected students will also receive a personal letter from the Honourable Prime Minister.
- The students admitted in the second year of professional/technical
bachelor degree course through lateral entry can also apply for the
- The selected scholars will receive the scholarship
amount directly into their bank accounts through the PFMS (Public
Finance Management System) under the DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles Important Dates
- Scheme Closing Date: 3rd week of October/Last week of October
- Defective Verification Closing Date: 3rd week of December/Last week of December
- Institute Verification Closing Date: 3rd week of December/Last week of December
Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles Eligibility Criteria
The candidate must be a ward or widow of deceased CAPF and AR personal who died in harness at work
a ward of personnel who became disabled at work, OR
a ward or widow of retired and serving CAPF & AR personnel (below officer rank), OR
a ward of Ex-CAPFs and AR personnel who are in receipt of Gallantry Awards, OR
a dependent ward of State Police personnel who got martyred during Naxal/Terror attacks
The candidate must be pursuing his/her first professional degree courses such as Engineering, Medicine, Dental, Veterinary, BBA, BCA, BPharm, BSc (Nursing, Agriculture, etc), MBA, MCA, etc.
The candidate must have secured atleast 60% marks in the qualifying exams i.e class 12, diploma, Graduation or equivalent (Minimum Entry Qualification - MEQ)
Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles Application Process
- Step 1: Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal https://scholarships.gov.in/
- Click on 'New Registration'.
- Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
- Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
- Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.Documents required:
- Service certificate
- Scanned copy of the mark sheet of MEQ i.e class 12, Diploma, Graduation or equivalent
- PPO or Discharge certificate Mandatory for category A to F
- Disability certificate if applicable
- Death certificate
- Certificate of Gallantry award
- For State Police Personal ward - A certificate indicating the person is killed in terror/Naxal attack.
Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles Selection Process
The selection of the candidates is done on the basis of percentage of marks obtained by them in MEQ and the order of preference set by WARB.
For latest updates see notifications