- Education Funding
- Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child
Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
The Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child is offered by the University Grants Commission (UGC)
, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GoI). It is for girl students of up to 30 years of age who happen to be the only girl child in their families. The scholarship aims to promote girl education and compensate for the direct costs of girl education to all levels.Benefits:
A total of 3000 scholarships will be awarded to girl
students from across the country. An amount of INR 36,200 per annum will
be provided for a duration of 2 years or the full duration of the
No additional grant will be payable to the students.
Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child Important Dates
Last date to submit application: 3rd week/4th week of October
Last date for defective verification: 2nd week/3rd week of November
Last date for institute verification: 2nd week/3rd week of November
Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be a girl student of up to 30 years of age
- Candidate must be the only child of the family
- Candidate must have taken admission in regular, full-time 1st-year Masters degree programme in any designated university or a postgraduate college
Girl students having no brother or girls who are twin daughters/fraternal daughter are also eligible.
What are the
Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child Application Process
- Step 1: Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on 'New Registration'.
- Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
- Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type, gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
- Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.Documents Required:
The following documents required to be submitted:
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Enrollment/Aadhar Card
- Student photograph
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheets
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Affidavit regarding single girl child status as prescribed
Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child Contact Details
Phone: 0120 - 6619540
For latest updates see notifications