- Education Funding
- Post Graduate Merit Scholarship For University Rank Holders
UGC Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders
The Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders is offered by the University Grants Commission (UGC)
, Government of India for the first and second rank holders of graduation courses across the country. The scholarship aims to encourage talented men and women towards post-graduate education and assist them in their expenses.Benefits:
- The scholarship offers the financial aid of INR 3,100 per month for the duration of two years.
- The amount of scholarship will be directly transferred to the student's account through DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer).
- The scholarship can be renewed during the period of postgraduate course
subject to the good conduct and maintenance of prescribed attendance by
Important Dates: Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders
- Scholarship announcement date: 2nd week/3rd week of July
- Scholarship closing date: 3rd week/4th week of January
- Last date for defective verification: 1st week/4th week of February
- Last date for institute verification: 4th week of February/Last week of February
Eligibility Criteria: Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders
- Candidates must be pursuing their post-graduation course from any affiliated university (central/state) or deemed universities/ private universities / 25 autonomous colleges / non-affiliated colleges
- Candidates must be a rank holder (Ist or IInd) in the previous graduation exam.
- Candidates must have completed graduation in one of the following disciplines: Life sciences, physical sciences, chemical sciences, earth sciences, mathematical sciences, social sciences, commerce or languages
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 60% of marks in graduation.
- The age of the candidate must be below 30 years.
- The students will have to submit proof of their merit position at the
undergraduate level as well as their admission in postgraduate courses.
- Any kind of change in course is not permitted under this scheme.
- The students who have been awarded Post-Graduate Scholarship for
University Rank Holders will not be debarred from accepting any other
- The maximum age limit for the applicants is 30 years at the time of admission in post-graduation.
Application Procedure: Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders
- Step 1: Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on 'New Registration'.
- Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
- Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category, scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
- Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
What are the documents required for the Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders 2019-20?
Documents to be submitted:
- Attested copy of university's undergraduate degree
- Certificate of matriculation
- Verification certificate issued by the institute where the student has taken admission at PG level
- Scanned copy of Aadhaar card/enrollment
Contact Details: Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders
Phone: 0120 - 6619540
For latest updates see notifications