- Education Funding
- Post Graduate Scholarship For Professional Courses For Sc St
UGC Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST
The Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST is offered by the University Grants Commission (UGC)
, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India for SC/ST students who are pursuing professional courses at the postgraduate level. The scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to the deprived students to pursue postgraduate level studies in professional subjects.Benefits:
A total of 1000 SC/ST students will be selected for the disbursal
of the scholarship. ME/M.Tech. students selected under this scholarship
scheme will receive INR 7,800 per month for the duration of their PG
course. Students studying other professional courses will get INR 4,500
per month as the scholarship amount.Note:
- The scholarship will be provided for a period of two/three years as per the duration of the PG course.
- The candidates will receive the scholarship amount through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- The scholarship will be renewed for the next academic year after
receiving an annual progress report from the administrative head of the
University/ Institution/ College.
- The scholarship amount would be forfeited if the candidate fails to get promoted to the next year of his/her course.
- The students must secure a 1st class or equivalent CGPA/Grade during the
first semester, second semester and the third-semester examinations to
become eligible for the continuance of scholarship at the enhanced rate
during the second, third and fourth semester respectively.
- The selected candidate will get the scholarship award from the date of
joining the 1st year of PG course during the selection year.
Important Dates: Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST
- Scholarship announcement date: 2nd week/3rd week of July
- Scholarship closing date: 3rd week/4th week of January
- Last date for defective verification: 1st week/4th week of February
- Last date for institute verification: 4th week of February/Last week of February
Eligibility Criteria: Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST
- Candidate must belong to the SC/ST category.
- Candidates must be pursuing the first year of a professional course at the postgraduate level during the current academic year.
- Candidate must be studying in any of the following Institutions/ Colleges/Universities:
- Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) & and 12(B) of UGC Act
- Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and are eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC
- Universities/Institutions/College funded by Central/State Government
- Institutes of National Importance
- Courses that need approval from the regulatory bodies such as MCI, DCI, PCI, RCI, NCTIS, NCTE Bar Council of India, AICTE, ICAR, INC, Forensic Regulatory & Development Authority of India, are considered as professional courses.
- Candidates pursuing professional courses at PG level through correspondence or distance learning mode are not eligible.
- M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., MSW and Mass Communication and Journalism degree are considered non-professional courses.
- The candidates will not be allowed a change in the course of study.
Application Procedure: Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps -
- Step 1: Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on 'New Registration'.
- Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
- Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
- Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
- All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
- The host institution where the applicant is pursuing his/her studies needs to verify the candidate's online application.
Contact Details: Post Graduate Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST
Phone: 0120 - 6619540
For latest updates see notifications