- Education Funding
- Pre Matric Scholarship For Students With Disabilities
Pre Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities is offered by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disability, Government of India for physically challenged students of class 9 and 10. The main objective of the scholarship is to support the students with disabilities for their studies and prepare them to earn their livelihood and find a dignified place for themselves in society.Benefits:
A total of 25,000 fresh scholarships and renewal scholarships will be given for the academic year. It includes -
- Maintenance allowance for 12 months in an academic year (for hostellers): INR 800 per month
- Maintenance allowance for 12 months in an academic year (for day scholars): INR 500 per month
- Book grant (for both hostellers and day scholars): INR 1,000 per annum
- Visually impaired: INR 4000 per annum
- Hearing impaired: INR 2000 per annum
- Physically disabled: INR 2000 per annum
- Intellectual disability: INR 4000 per annum
- All other types of disability: INR 2000 per annum
Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Important dates
- Scholarship announcement date: July
- Scholarship application closing date: October
- Last date for defect verification: October
- Last date for Institute verification: October
Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must be a regular full-time student of class 9 or class 10 in government or recognised school.
Should have more than 40% disability and a valid certificate for the same.
Should belong to the family where the annual income is not more than INR 2.50 Lakhs from all the sources.
Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Application Process
Step 1: Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal https://scholarships.gov.in/ and click on 'New Registration'.
Step 2: Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and 'Continue'.
Step 3: Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
Step 4: Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
Step 5: Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the 'Register' button.
Step 6: The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
Step 7: Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
Step 8: An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.Note:
All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.Documents required:
- Photo of the applicant
- Certificate of previous academic mark sheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Age proof certificate
- Income certificate of the family
- Bank account details
- Disability certificate
Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities Selection Process
Candidates must fulfill all the eligibility conditions
Number of slots available to the State
Recommendation of the State Education Department
Academic merit of the candidate in the qualifying examinationNote:
- In case of a tie in marks obtained by the students, the selection will be based on the percentage of disability. Furthermore, if a tie still prevails, the age will be taken into consideration and the older candidate will get the preference.
- 50% of the total scholarships are reserved for the female candidates.
However, in case of the adequate number of female students are not
available, the unutilised slots can be utilised by the suitable male
- Not more than two children with disabilities of the same parents can avail benefits under this scheme.
- The final selection of the candidates will be done by the Department of
Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities based on the recommendations
of the concerned state government department.
- The amount of scholarship will be directly transferred into the bank account of the beneficiary through PFMS.