- Education Funding
- Summer Research Fellowship Programme
Summer Research Fellowship Programme
Summer Research Fellowship Programme is offered by JNCASR in collaboration with the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India for talented students studying in India at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The fellowship aims to give two months of fellowship opportunity and award to the meritorious students.
Selected scholars will get the benefit of monthly stipends of INR 10,000 and the travel expenses during the research projects. Furthermore, they will also get a chance to involve in cutting-edge research, and various summer projects leading to publications in reputed journals.
Summer Research Fellowship Programme Important Dates
- Last date to download the application form from the website: Last week of November/1st week of December
- Last date for receipt of completed application form: 1st week of December/2nd week of December
- Results declaration date: 3rd week of February/4th week of February
Summer Research Fellowship Programme Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen
- Candidate must enrolled in an authorized college/institute in India.
- Candidate must have secured a minimum of 80% in Mathematics and Science subjects in class 10 and 12 or equivalent examinations, and first-class in graduation and post-graduation level (if applicable)
- Candidate must be enrolled in 1st and 2nd year of B.Sc., 1st, 2nd & 3rd year of B.S., 1st, 2nd & 3rd year of B.E. /B. Tech., 1st year of M.Sc. and 1st to 4th year of Integrated M.Sc. – for research areas related to Life Sciences, OR
- Candidate must be studying in 2nd & 3rd year of B.Sc., 2nd, 3rd & 4th year of B.S., 2nd, 3rd & 4th year of B.E/B. Tech., 1st year of M.Sc. and 1st to 3rd year of Integrated M.Sc. – for research areas related to Physical Sciences, Engineering Sciences and Mathematics,
Candidate must be studying in 4th year of BS-MS, 1st year of M.Sc. and 4th year of integrated M.Sc. –for research areas related to Materials Sciences and Chemical Sciences
Summer Research Fellowship Programme Application Process
- Step 1: Download the application form from the official website.
- Step 2: Fill in the required details.
- Step 3: Attach the necessary documents.
- Step 4: Send the completed application form along with the documents to:The Academic Coordinator Fellowships and Extension Programme
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
Jakkur P.O., Bangalore, 560 064
- Two confidential reports sealed by the referee and with the referees’ signatures across the seals
- Attested xerox copies of relevant mark sheets
Summer Research Fellowship Programme Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be based on the academic merit and research potential of the candidates.
Terms and Conditions
All those students who have already completed this program need not apply.Applicants should mention the “Area of Research” on the left-hand top corner of the mailing envelope.
For detailed information see official website https://www.jncasr.ac.in/academic/fandeprogrammes/srfp