- Education Funding
- Women Scientist Scheme B
WOS-B: Women Scientist Scheme-B
Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B) is offered by the Department of Science & Technology (DST) through the KIRAN (Knowledge Involvement in Research Advancement through Nurturing) division for women scientists and technologists who are taking a break in their career. WOS-B aims to encourage the selected candidates to utilise their knowledge and zeal for the benefit of society. Those applying under this scheme are required to develop their own project/proposals for scientific and technological solutions to address issues preferably at enhance quality-of-life the grassroots level.
The candidate should have adequate S&T skills and be adept at
techniques to deliver the proposed outcome. Projects which have the
potential for sustainable income generation, lead to appreciable
reduction in drudgery and enhancement of quality-of-life besides
capacity building of women at the grassroots level are encouraged.
The proposal must clearly bring out the societal benefit to be accrued through well conceived plan for development of technology/technique and/or adaptation/ customization. Benefits:
Ph.D. in Basic or Applied Sciences/MD or equivalent degree:
Amount of Fellowship per month: Rs.55,000/- HRA* as applicable
Total Cost of the Project: Rs.30 lakh (excluding HRA and Overhead)
M.Phil/M.Tech/M.Pharm/M.VSc or equivalent degree:
Amount of Fellowship per month: Rs.40,000/- HRA* as applicable
Total Cost of the Project: Rs.25 lakh (excluding HRA and Overhead)M.Sc in Basic or Applied Sciences/MBBS/B.Tech or equivalent degree:
Amount of Fellowship per month: Rs.31,000/- HRA* as applicable
Total Cost of the Project: Rs.20 lakh (excluding HRA and Overhead)
Women Scientist Scheme-B WOS-B Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be an Indian Women scientists or technologists.
- Candidates must have done Ph.D. in Basic/Applied Sciences or M.Sc. in Basic/Applied Sciences or M.Phil/M.Tech/M.Pharm/M.VSc or equivalent degree or B.Tech. or MBBS or other equivalent professional qualification.
- The age of the candidate must be between 27 to 57 years.
- The candidate must be having a break in their career.
Note: In case of SC/ST/OBC and Physically challenged categories, the candidates would get an age relaxation of 5 years.
Women Scientist Scheme-B WOS-B Application Process
To submit the Project Proposal Online log on to https://onlinedst.gov.in/
Note: Two (2) hardcopies of submitted research proposal should also be sent by Speed Post to
Dr Namita Gupta
Scientist, Department of Science and Technology
Technology Bhawan, New Mehrauli Road, New Delhi-110016
The envelope should be superscribed with ‘Women Scientist Scheme-B (WOS-B)’.Terms and Conditions:
- The candidates can submit their proposal in the following areas:
- Agriculture and Allied Sciences (AAS)
- Health, Food and Nutrition (HFN)
- Engineering and Technology Development (ETD)
- Basic research proposal will not be considered.
- Working women (regular/permanent employees) are not eligible to apply for this scheme.
For latest updates see notifications