- Entrance Exams
- Ignou Bed
NTA IGNOU OPENMAT B.Ed Entrance Exam
The National Testing Agency (NTA) administers IGNOU BEd Entrance Examination for admission to IGNOU B.Ed programmes. Candidates who holds a Bachelor's degree or higher can take this examination. The B.Ed course is a judicious mix of theory and practical courses to facilitate student-teachers in acquiring skills and competencies necessary for teaching-learning at secondary/senior secondary level. Illustrations and cases of relevant situations and activities comprise the core of each course. The application procedure and examination completely online.
Duration of the BEd Programme
- The minimum duration of the program is two years. However, the maximum period allowed for completion of the program will be five years.
Medium of Instruction
The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) Program is offered in English and Hindi medium
Important Dates: NTA IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam July
- Online Submission of Application Form - January
- Last Date of online Registration : February
- Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website: April
- Date of Exam: April/May
- NTA IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Result : May/June
Eligibility Criteria: IGNOU B.Ed Admission
Candidates should have possessed following eligibility criteria defined by IGNOU for B.Ed. Program:
- At least 50% marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and /or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity. Bachelors in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science & Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualifications equivalent thereto (AND);
The following categories are eligible to be students of B.Ed. (ODL):
- Trained in-service teachers in elementary education
- Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education program through face-to-face mode.
- The reservation and relaxation of 5% marks in minimum eligibility will be provided to SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layer)/PWD candidates as per the rules of the Central Govt.
- The Reservation to Kashmiri Migrants and War window candidates will be provided as per University Rules.
Admission Criteria IGNOU B.Ed
Admission shall be done on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance combined on-line test conducted by NTA. IGNOU will prepare merit nodal Regional Centre (RC) wise. The candidate will be required to submit the filled-in admission form available in e-prospectus and attached self-attested copy of documents as specified in Admission Form. The original documents are to be verified later at the time of admission Counselling to be held at Nodal RC.
Particulars to be filled in the Online Application Form: Before beginning the process of filling the Online Application Form, please keep the following documents ready with you:
- Copy of Board/ University Certificate for Candidate’s Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name and Date of Birth as in Aadhaar Card
- Type of Identification – Bank A/c Number/ Passport Number/ Ration Card/ Other Govt ID
- Qualifying Degree Certificate or last semester markssheet
- Your Mailing Address as well as Permanent Address with Pin Code
- Four cities for Centres of your choice
- Category Certificate, if applicable
- Person with Disability (PwD) Certificate, if applicable
- e-mail address and Mobile Number of candidate
- Scanned images in JPG/JPEG format only:
Payment of Application Fee
- Through Debit/Credit card – Candidates need to check the validity of the Debit/Credit Card, while logging on to the website for submitting Application Form. Candidate should enter the information asked for and make the required payment through Debit/Credit Card.
- Through Net Banking - Check the balance in the account and keep all credentials ready while logging on to the website for submitting Application Form. Candidate should Login with his/her credentials of net banking and make payment through Net Banking.
Admit Card: NTA IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam
- The Admit Card is issued provisionally to the candidates, subject to their satisfying the eligibility conditions.
- The candidate has to download the Admit Card from the NTA website and appear for the Examination at the given Centre on Date and Shift (Timing) as indicated in their Admit Card.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear at the examination centre, on Date and Timings other than that allotted to them in their Admit card.
- In case candidates are unable to download Admit Cards from the website, the candidate should approach the Help Line between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm .
- The candidates are advised to read the instructions on the Admit Card carefully and follow during the conduct of the examination.
- In case of any discrepancy in the particulars of the candidate or his/her photograph and signatures shown in the Admit Card and Confirmation Page the candidate may immediately approach the Help Line between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm . In such cases, candidates would appear in the examination with the already downloaded Admit Card. However, NTA will take necessary action to make corrections in the record later.
Exam Pattern: NTA IGNOU BEd
- Section I General English Comprehension
- Section II Logical & Analytical Reasoning
- Section III Educational & General Awareness
- Section IV Teaching-Learning & the School
Part - B Subject Competence (any one)
- i) Science
- ii) Mathematics
- iii) Social Studies
- iv) English
- v) Hindi
Part A is compulsory for all and out of Part B only one subject needs to be attempted.
Part-B of the examination is based on the curriculum of IX and X classes which is as prescribed by the NCERT or CBSE.
There will be a choice between the medium of instruction which is Hindi and English.
For every question, there will be an option of four answers out of which only one is right. You are required to select in right answer from the mentioned answers. In case you find that none of the four alternatives is correct, you have to mark ‘0’.
There may be negative marking for wrong answers.
NTA IGNOU BEd Entrance Exam Online Registration
- Candidates can apply for IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance test “Online” only on the website https://ntaignou.nic.in.
- Online Application Form may be submitted by accessing NTA website
https://ntaignou.nic.in. The Application Form other than online mode
will not be accepted, in any case.
- Before filling the online entrance form, please read carefully
regarding the eligibility and programme details in e-prospectus
available at https://ntaignou.nic.in, www.ignou.ac.in.
- Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the
Information Bulletin and on NTA website https://ntaignou.nic.in,
www.ignou.ac.in. Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be
- Candidates must ensure that e-mail address and Mobile Number
provided in the Online Application Form are their own as all
information/ communication will be sent by NTA through email on the
given e-mail address or SMS on given mobile number only.