The National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) was set up in the year 1986 under the aegis of Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. Over the years it has emerged as center of excellence & innovation. At NIFT, multidisciplinary fashion design courses are available to prepare students and help them solve real challenges in their core areas and help them drive towards rapidly growing new directions. Keeping at par with the global scenario, the institute has introduced many fashion design courses as well as product design courses. Following programmes are offered.
To get admission into the bachelor courses, students must have completed their 10+2 from a reputed institute affiliated to boards like CBSE, ISC, etc. For B.F.Tech courses, 10+2 (with Physics, Chemistry & Maths) from a recognized Board of Education is mandatory. General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri-Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/ International Baccalaureate (IB) candidates are also eligible.
Masers degree applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree from any Institute/ University recognized by law in India or Diploma of minimum 3 years duration in UG Design from National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) or National Institute of Design (NID).
* The payment can be done through Credit/Debit Card only.
* In case of Demand Draft, the print out of application along with Demand Draft should reach the given address before the given dates
Candidates can apply online where the prospectus is available for free of cost. The candidate has to download the form from here and the keep a hard copy of the same. There is an option to fill up the application form both online and offline. Make sure all details are filled up correctly before submission and when doing an online submission, retain a hard copy of the same.
NIFT Entrance Exam Centers
The NIFT Entrance Exam / Admission Test shall be administered across following cities
- 32 Srinagar (J&K)
NIFT Entrance Exam Pattern
The written entrance examination is designed to test the knowledge, skill and aptitude of the candidates. There is no negative marking. NIFT has two patterns of test.
GAT applies to candidates for the B.Des and M.Des courses and includes -
- GAT - General Ability Test
- CAT - Creative Ability Test
CAT or the Creative Ability Test
- Quantitative Ability - The sub-test may include questions on Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, etc.
- Communication Ability -It includes questions on synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, one word substitutes, idioms and phrases, correct spellings etc.
- English Comprehension - It analyzes the candidates potential to comprehend a situation from a given passage, and test of basic English language.
- Analytical Ability - It tests the candidate’s capacity for ability of inference and logic from the given information.
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs - Based on current affair knowledge.
Focused on testing the intuitive ability, power of observation in concept development and design ability of the candidate, this one is more creative and based on innovative use of color and illustration skills. It applies to candidates of For Bachelor of Technology (B.F.Tech.), Master of Fashion Management (M.F.M), Master of Design (M.Des.) and Master of Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech.).
- Quantitative Ability
- Communication Ability and English Comprehension
- Analytical and Logical Ability
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs
- Case Study -This sub-test is based on a situation of an industry environment. It is based on managerial abilities of the candidates.
Note - Other categories remain common for both sets except Case Study.Situation Test
After candidates clear the above categories, as per their application - they have to appear for the situation test where B.Des applicants are tested for material handling and innovative ability on a given situation with a given set of materials. This test is based on space visualization, innovative and creative use of given material, composition of elements, color scheme, construction skill, finesse, etc.
NIFT Master's Program Admission
For the Masters program, there is a group discussion post the situation test too. This includes-
- Conceptual clarity
- Knowledge of the topic assigned 3) Contribution made to the topic 4) Interpersonal skills
- Ability to generate new ideas
- Problem solving approach
- Leadership qualities
- Effective communication
NIFT Campuses in IndiaBENGALURU
No. 21st, 16th Cross Street
27th Main Road, Sector I
HSR (Hosur Sarjapura Road) Layout, Bengaluru – 560 102 (Karnataka)BHOPAL
M P Bhoj (Open) University Campus, Kolar Road,
IDCO Plot No-24
Opp. KIIT School of Mgmt. Chandaka Industrial Estate, Bhubaneswar – 751024, OdishaCHENNAI
Rajiv Gandhi Salai, Taramani, Chennai – 600 113, Tamil Nadu
Gh-O Road, Behind Info City, Near DAIICT Gandhinagar-382007, Gujarat
Opposite Hi-tech City,
Madhapur, Hyderabad-500 081 Telangana
NIFT Campus, Karwar
Jodhpur - 342 037 Rajasthan, India
Chheb, Kangra-176001 (HP)
Dharmasala, Mangattuparamba, Kannur - 670 562 (Kerala)
Plot No. 3B, Block - LA, SEC-III, SALT LAKE CITY, Kolkata-700098 (WB)
Plot no 15, Sector 4,Kharghar,
Navi Mumbai - 410210 (Maharashtra)
Near Gulmohar Park
Patna -800001 (Bihar)
NIFT Campus, Doorbhash Nagar,
Sector - II,
Raebareli - 229 010 (UP)
Old NEIGRIHMS Campus
‘C’ Block, Pasteur Hills, Lawmali, Polo
Shillong - 793 001, Meghalaya