- Entrance Exams
- Ignou Openmat
NTA IGNOU OPENMAT MBA Entrance Exam
The entrance exam for IGNOU MBA/Management program (OPENMAT) is generally held in April. The test is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) in online mode. The candidates are offered admission to MBA on the basis of their performance in the OPENMAT and document verification.
The Management Programme of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has been designed with the aim to offer quality flexible education at the doorstep of the learners. The programme has been established to provide developmental avenue for students, working personnel and professional for acquiring management qualifications to upgrade and refine their management skills, capabilities and orientation. Admission shall be done on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance combined on-line test conducted by NTA.
Important Dates: NTA IGNOU OPENMAT MBA
- Mode of Examination: Computer Based Test
- Registration Dates: January to February
- Downloading of Admit Card – April
- Date of Examination – April
- Result – May
IGNOU OPENMAT MBA Syllabus and Pattern of Examination
The OPENMAT Entrance Exam consists of four tests:
- Test 1 comprises of 30 questions of General Awareness
- Test II consists of 50 questions of English language
- Test III is of Quantitative Aptitude which consists of 50 questions
- Test IV is of Reasoning consisting of 70 questions
All these tests will be conducted in one session of 3 hours. The total no. of questions for all the four tests is 200.
To familiarize yourself with the examination scheme and type of questions sample OPENMAT Entrance test paper is available in e prospectus. E. Prospectus can be down loaded from IGNOU or NTA website No calculators, cell phones, books, slide- rules, notebooks or written notes extra will be allowed inside the examination hall.
The OPENMAT syllabus is divided into four parts.
- Important Days of the Year, Awards, Sports, Abbreviations and Full Forms, etc.
- India: Constitution, Government, Laws, Famous People, Achievements, Organisations, History, Geography, Economy, Politics, States.
- Industry: Statistics, CEO, etc
- World: Countries, Organisations, Leaders, World Economy, Summits.
- Science: Physics, Biology, Chemistry basic concepts, and application.
- Trade: Export, Import, the balance of trade, etc.
- Reading Comprehension
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Fill in the Blanks based on word Meanings
- Relation pair of words
- Profit and Loss
- Basic Geometry
- Ratio and Proportions
- Number Systems
- LCM and HCF
- Binomial Theorem
- Sequences and Series
- Surds and Indices
- Permutation and Combination
- Set Theory
- Assertion and reasons
- Cause and Effect
- Coding and decoding
- Critical reasoning
- Family tree
- Statements and assumptions
- Statements and conclusions
- Symbol Based problems
- Visual reasoning
IGNOU OPENMAT MBA Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for admission to MBA programme would be as per the AICTE norms:
- Any graduate (Including Chartered Accountancy/Cost Accountancy/Company Secretaryship) with 50% marks for general category/45% for reserved category as per government of India rules.
- Students should ensure that his/her CGPA should meet the eligibility percentage requirement
- Clearance of OPENMAT entrance test of IGNOU conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA).
- No age bar
NTA IGNOU OPENMAT MBA Online Registration
- Candidates can apply for IGNOU OPENMAT “Online” only on the website https://www.nta.ac.in/Ignouexam.
- Online Application Form may be submitted by accessing NTA website
https://ntaignou.nic.in. The Application Form other than online mode
will not be accepted, in any case.
- Before filling the online entrance form, please read carefully
regarding the eligibility and programme details in e-prospectus
available at https://ntaignou.nic.in.
- Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the
Information Bulletin and on NTA website https://ntaignou.nic.in.
Candidates not complying with the instructions shall be summarily
- Candidates must ensure that e-mail address and Mobile Number
provided in the Online Application Form are their own as all
information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the
given e-mail address or SMS on given mobile number only.
Check List for filling the Online Application Form:
The candidates are advised to ensure the following points before filling the Online Application Forms:
- Whether they fulfill the eligibility conditions for the Test as prescribed under the heading ‘Conditions of Eligibility’.
- That they have filled their category viz General/OBC (Non-Creamy
Layer)/SC/ST/PwD/ Transgender, in the relevant column correctly.
- That they have filled their Subject and City of examination and code in the relevant column correctly.
- That the Person with Disability (PwD) candidate has filled the
relevant column in the Online Application Form. Only PwD candidates have
to fill this column and the others have to leave it blank.
- Whether they have kept a Printout of Application Form (confirmation page) for their own record.