- Entrance Exams
MICAT: Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad
MICAT: MICA Admissions Test is a Computer Based Test (CBT) conducted twice in an academic year (MICAT – I & MICAT - II) by the Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad (MICA). The test is used for admission to Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Communications - PGDM-C courses. Besides, candidates need to take one of the three test CAT
/GMAT Score. Based on CAT/XAT/GMAT and MICAT scores, candidates are further shortlisted and invited for the final round of selection i.e. Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interviews (PI).
PGDM-C Specialization offered at MICA
Post Graduate Diploma in Management – Communications (PGD-C) is a full-time, two-year residential programme equivalent to that of an MBA degree as recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The institute offers the following specialization.
- Advertising & Brand Management
- Digital Communication Management
- Marketing Analytics
- Media & Entertainment Management
- Development Management & Social Enterprise
MICAT Important Dates
- MICAT – I Registration opens: August
- MICAT – I Registration closes: November
- Issue of MICAT- I Call Letters/Admit Card November
- MICAT – I: December
- MICAT -I Score: December
- MICAT – II Registration opens: December
- MICAT – II Registration closes: January
- Issue of MICAT- II Call Letters/Admit Card February
- MICAT – II: February
- MICAT – II Score: February
- GE & PI Shortlist: February
- GE & PI at Delhi and Kolkata: March
- GE & PI at MICA, Ahmedabad: Wednesday, March
- GE & PI at Bangalore & Mumbai: March
- Final results: March
MICAT Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have successfully completed their bachelor’s or (any discipline) other equivalent degree (10+2+3 system) from a recognized University.
- Candidates in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply.
Candidates who demonstrate aptitude for conceiving ideas, assessing, and/or expressing that helps achieve business results, has a better chance of being shortlisted for the PGDM-C course.
MICAT Application Process
- Candidates are required to apply online for MICAT by visiting the official website - www.mica.ac.in
- Fill up all the information with appropriate details such as personal details, qualification, address of correspondence, etc.
- The forms can be submitted online.
MICAT PatternMICAT : Computer Based Test (CBT)
The Computer Based Test comprises of all compulsory questions. It is to assess the candidate’s verbal and analytical ability, written communication skills, divergent thinking, logical reasoning, creativity potential and general awareness about contemporary social and industry related issues, including areas covering media, marketing, advertising and business.Group Exercise (GE)
It is team based evaluation process wherein candidates along with their allotted group members will be judged on their performancePersonal Interview (PI)
No screening is held after GE and therefore all candidates who have appeared for GE will also appear for PI. The selection is based upon the interactions with the candidates, to assess their suitability for Creative Leadership in Strategic Marketing and Communication driven industry sectors along with other required traits.
MICAT Selection Process
The selection process of PGDM-C involves three steps:Step 1:
Candidates are required to take any of these three exam - CAT/XAT/GMAT.Step 2:
Based on the scores obtained by the candidates in CAT/XAT/GMAT, they are called for MICAT. It is a Computer Based Test (CBT) that uses Psychometric profiling to evaluate the fit between a career in the Strategic Marketing and Communication management domains and a candidate.Step 3:
Based on the scores obtained by the candidates in CAT/XAT/GMAT they are shortlisted for Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI). The Group Exercise (GE) is a platform to assess the candidate’s ability to work in a team, clarity in thought and overall personality. The Personal Interview (PI) on the other hand helps understand the candidates maturity, determination, knowledge and fit into MICA culture and the industries to which it caters. Business heads, HR and Industry experts are invited by MICA, to the PI panel. It is ensured that the candidates shortlisted are in line with the industry requirements.
Based upon the students overall academic performance and family income, the MICA Scholarships are awarded. A total of 11 Scholarships are awarded to the candidates 5 from PGDM(C) – 1st Year, 5 from the PGDM(C) 2nd Year and 1 from the CCC programme. Each account for 30% of the annual fees per student in the programme. Therefore, a total fund of Rs.20-25 lacs kept aside for this noble cause. Each student receives a scholarship of Rs.2.00/2.25 lacs (approx.).The criterion for selection of candidates for MICA scholarship is based on:
The Selection Process involves:
- The student’s class attendance and academic performance
- The Family Income should not exceed Rs. 5 lacs per annum
- Bank Statements and Income-Tax Returns Scrutiny of previous years
- Other achievements
- Announcement & Notification among students inviting applications
- Preliminary scrutiny of financial documents and applications by a Special Committee
- Interview & Interaction
- Final recommendation to Director with comments
- Official announcement of the final selection of students for the scholarship.
MICAT Test CentersMICAT will be held at the following centers
- Gandhinagar (Gujarat)
- Navi Mumbai
Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI) are only held at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai.
- How to prepare for MICAT & GE-PI?
MICAT is conducted to assess the candidates convergent & divergent thinking, general awareness about contemporary social and industry related issues including areas covering media, marketing, advertising and business, creative potential, written communication skills, logical reasoning, analytical and verbal ability.
Candidates should be intelligent with an analytical bent of mind, innovative and well-read. Reading newspapers regularly and practicing creative and analytical writing would be beneficial.
GE and PI – No prior preparation is required for GE and PI. It is to assess the candidate’s suitability for the Strategic Marketing and Communication driven industry sectors.
- What is the mode of test?
The MICAT is a Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Can a candidate use his/her own computer to give the test?
No, one can only appear for the test in an allotted venue center as mentioned in the admit card.
- How many times is MICAT conducted in a year?
MICAT is conducted twice a year
- Can one appear for both the MICATs?
Absolutely yes. They need to submit two separate application forms along with the registration fees. Candidates will be selected on the basis of either MICAT I or MICAT II or whichever the candidate has performed better.
- Mention the placement statistics of MICA?
There has been consistently 100% placements of MICA students with all leading companies around the world.
- Does MICA award a diploma or a degree?
A diploma called PGDM-C is awarded by MICA which is equivalent to a MBA degree as recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). It is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
- Does MICA offer student exchange and learning Programmes with foreign universities?
Yes, it does.
MICAT Contact Details
MICA, Shela, Ahmedabad 380058