National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language (NCPUL)
Established in 1996, The National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language (NCPUL) is an autonomous body under the Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD), Department of Secondary and Higher Education, Government of India. Its main function is promote, develop and propagate Urdu language.
Objectives of NCPUL
- To promote, develop and propagate Urdu language.
- To take action for making available in Urdu language the knowledge of scientific and technological development as well as knowledge of ideas evolved in the modern context.
- To advise the Government of India on issues connected with Urdu language and having bearing on education as may be referred to it.
- To undertake other projects for the promotion of Urdu language as may be deemed fit by the Council.
Functions of NCPUL
- To undertake the production of literature in the Urdu language, including books on science and other branches of modern knowledge, the children's literature textbooks, reference works, encyclopedia, dictionaries, etc.
- To collect and evolve technical terms relating to various disciplines of knowledge in order to enrich the Urdu language.
- To undertake and provide for publication of journals and periodicals in furtherance of its objects.
- To arrange for the sale of publications and their exhibitions both inside and outside the country on from time to time.
- To promote and help in development of computerization with a view to develop the Urdu language to meet the advanced technological requirements of the age.
Courses in National Council for Promotion of Urdu
National Council for Promotion of Urdu Language
Ministry of Human Resource Development,
(Department of Higher Education), Govt. of India
FC - 33/9, Institutional Area, Jasola, New Delhi - 110025
Telephone : 49539000
Fax : 49539099
Send Email Us
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org