National Institute of Wind Energy (NIWE) has been established by MNRE at Chennai as an autonomous R&D institution of Government of India. The policy formulated for the development of wind power by MNRE supported by the State Policies, including the evacuation of power through the State Electricity Boards, has placed India on the world wind energy map.
To sustain wind energy development and to help India achieve self-reliance in the power sector supplementing the core conventional resources, MNRE has been planning and developing the basic infrastructure, institutions, and resources for carrying out research and development, large scale demonstration and diffusion of the non-conventional energy sources.
National Institute of Wind Energy Services
NIWE is committed to achieve customer satisfaction, loyalty and confidence by providing credible, prompt and complete solutions for International Quality to all the Stakeholders in the Wind Energy Sector.
NIWE, strives to be technical focal point of excellence for the present and future and NIWE shall stay at the forefront of Wind Turbine Technology application by continuously improving its expertise.
NIWE a knowledge-based institution of high quality and dedication, offers services and seeks to find total solutions for all stakeholders across the entire spectrum, of the wind energy sector.
- Type certification of wind turbines based on IS/IEC 61400-22
- Project certification for Wind farms
- Safety & Performance Assessment
- Wind Turbine Failure Assessment
Testing & Research Station
As per internationally accepted procedures and stipulations for :
- Power Performance Measurements
- Load measurements
- Power Quality measurements
- Safety and function test
- Yaw efficiency test
- User defined measurements
- The services are not limited by type or size of the Wind Turbines
- The services are certified as per the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and accredited as per the requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2005
R&D and Resource Data Analytics & Forecasting
- Support multi institutional research on wind energy
- Allied Wind / Solar resource Data analytics services viz., Data Cleaning, Pre / Post processing of data, Data Management System with customized dashboard as per customer’s requirement.
- Exploratory Data analysis and report preparation as per customer's requirement
- Wind/Solar power operational forecast system to predict wind/solar upto 7-day-ahead. Provision of intraday revision as per the CERC norms.
Training in NIWE
- Wind Resource Modeling Techniques
- Wind Speed Statistics and Energy Calculations
- Micro-siting and layout of wind farms
- Wind Resource Measurement
- Wind Turbine Technology
- Design and Safety requirements as per standards
- O & M practices
National Institute of Wind Energy (NIWE)
(Formerly known as " Centre for Wind Energy Technology " under the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy), Government of India
Velachery - Tambaram Main Road
Pallikaranai, Chennai - 600 100
Phone / EPABX : 91 - 44 - 2246 3982/ 2246 3983 / 2246 3984