Recruitment of Stenographers in Indian Railways
The Stenographers play a crucial role in Indian Railways. The main job of a Stenographer is to write Speech, do Press Conference Briefings and assist the senior officials and ministers. The Railway offers golden opportunity by recruiting thousands of stenographers all around the county.
The duties and responsibilities of a stenographer in Indian RailwaysSpeech Writing:
The Stenographer are required to note down any speech given by any senior officers or ministers by applying the method of short hand.Press Conference Briefings:
Stenographers are sometimes required to attend press conferences along with a senior official or ministers. They need to note down the speech and make government press releases.
Assisting the Ministers and Officers:
The stenographers are mostly attached to a particular minister or senior officer to assist them in preparing a speech. It is always the stenographers who knows most of the topics more than anybody else due to their constant involvement in the proceedings.
Helping in Public Relations:
The stenographers are of great benefit for the Public Relations Officer of a government department. They need information to be disseminated to public on regular basis and hence the stenographers play a great role to help them with the updated information.
Stenographer's Pay Scale
The pay scale of Stenographers in Indian Railways start from Rs. 9300/- plus various other benefits that include:
- Gratuity at the time of retirement
- Free/Discounted railway travel for employee and their dependents
- Pension after retirement to employee and after employee to dependent
- Official Quarter to stay
- All medical expenses of the employee and their dependents
Eligibility Criteria: Stenographers' Recruitment
- Candidates should have successfully completed their graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Candidates are required to have good computer skills.
- The age of the candidate should be atleast 18 Years as on 1st January of the year of applying.
- Only candidates with Indian citizenship are eligible to apply for Stenographers in Indian Railways.
Selection Process Stenographers' Recruitment
The selection process for the recruitment of stenographers in Indian Railways includes the following stages:
- Written Examination
- Computer Proficiency Test
- Personal Interview
Exam Pattern: Stenographers' Recruitment
The question paper would include the following topics:
- Question Type: Objective type Multiple Choice Questions
- Duration: 90 Minutes
- Number of Questions: 100
- Total Marks: 100 (1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answers.
- General Knowledge: 20 Questions
- Arithmetic Ability: 25 Questions
- General Intelligence: 25 Questions
- General Science: 30 Questions
How to apply for RRB Stenographer
The Indian Railways publishes official notification on the RRB websites and employment news regarding the recruitment for the post of Stenographers. Candidates need to carefully read the official notification and only eligible candidates are required to apply. Candidates are required to apply online by visiting the official websites of Railway Recruitment Board