- Ssc Cgl
SSC CGL: Combined Graduate Level Examination
Are you a college graduate and looking for a government job? The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) administers Combined Graduate Level Examination for recruitment of human resources with various government departments, institutions and ministries. Graduating students who are in the final year of college can also apply for this examination. Here given details about Combined Graduate Level Examination SSC CGL Exam Tier - I. Success candidates will be invited to appear for SSC CGL Examination Tier II. Sometimes this examination is also referred as CGLE.
The SSC CGL Exam Tier – I is a computer based test. You will need to answer questions on a computer screen. However, no special computer knowhow is required to take this test. It’s same as Paper Based Test. Instead of Pen and Pencil you will be answering questions using computer mouse. The examination objective type and hence you don’t need to use Keyboard for answering questions. No typing skills required to appear for the test.
The Combined Graduate Level Examination is held in 4 stages
- SSC CGL Exam Tier – I: This is screening test.
- SSC CGL Exam Tier – II: An objective type test to shortlist potential candidates for next stage of testing.
- SSC CGL Exam Tier – III: This is descriptive examination to measure knowledge and skills candidates whether he / she will be able to perform in the government department with full potential.
- SSC CGL Exam Tier – IV: Skill Test: This is test to proficiency to work with computers / typing speed.
Important Dates: SSC CGL Exam Tier - I
- Availability of Online Application Form: May
- Last Date for submission of Online Application: June
- Date of SSC CGL Exam (Tier-I): July/ August
- Date of SSC CGL Exam (Tier-II) CBT
- Date of SSC CGL Exam (Tier-III) (Descriptive)
- Date of SSC CGL Exam (Tier-IV) (Skill test)
Salary Structure: SSC CGL Exam
The SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination is held for selection of eligible manpower for different posts and services with government agencies. Here given salary structure for different posts and services based on this examination.Group of Posts (A)
Group of Posts (B)
- Post Code (F) - Assistant Audit Officer [Indian Audit & Accounts Dept. under CAG] - Group ‘B’ Gazetted (Non-Ministerial) - Rs.4800/- (GP)
- Post Code ($) - Assistant Accounts Officer [Indian Audit & Accounts Dept. under CAG] - Group ‘B’ Gazetted (Non-Ministerial) - Rs.4800/- (GP)
- Post Code (A) - Assistant Section Officer [Central Secretariat Service] - Group ‘B’ Rs.4600/- (GP)
- Post Code (C) - Assistant Section Officer [Intelligence Bureau] - Group ‘B’ - Rs.4600/- (GP)
- Post Code (D) - Assistant Section [Officer Ministry of Railway] - Group 'B' Rs.4600/-
- Post Code (E) - Assistant Section [Officer Ministry of External Affairs] - Group “B” Rs.4600/-
- Post Code (G) - Assistant Section [Officer AFHQ] - Group “B” Rs.4600/-
- Post Code (H) - Assistant [Other Ministries/ Departments/Organisations] - Group “B” Rs.4600/-
- Post Code (G) - Assistant [Other Ministries/Departments/Organisations] - Group “B” Rs.4600/-
Group of Posts (C)
- Post Code (H) - Assistant [Other Ministries/Departments/Organisations] - Group “B” Rs.4600/-
- Post Code (>) - Assistant [Other Ministries/Departments/Organisations] - Group “B” Rs.4600/-
- Post Code (<) - Assistant [Section Officer Other Ministries/Dept./Organisations] - Group “B” Rs.4600/-
- Post Code (I) - Assistant [Other Ministries/Departments/Organisations] - Group “B” Rs.4200/-
- Post Code (&) - Assistant/Superintendent [Other Ministries/Departments/Organisations] - Group “B” Rs.4200/-
- Post Code (J) - Inspector of Income Tax [CBDT] - Group “C” Rs.4600/-
- Post Code (K) - Inspector (Central Excise) [CBEC] – Group “B” Group “B” Rs.4600/-
- Post Code (L) - Inspector (Preventive Officer) – Group “B” Group “B” Rs.4600/-
- Post Code (M) - Inspector (Examiner) [CBEC] - Group “B” Rs.4600/-
- Post Code (N) - Assistant [Enforcement Officer Directorate of Enforcement, Dept. of Revenue] - Group “B” Rs.4600/-
- Post Code (O) - Sub Inspector [Central Bureau of Investigation] - Group “B” Rs.4600/-
- Post Code (P) - Inspector Posts [Dept. of Post] - Group “B” Rs.4600/-
- Post Code (Q) - Divisional Accountant [Offices under CAG] - Group “B” Rs.4200/-
- Post Code (S) - Inspector [Central Bureau of Narcotics] - Group “B” Rs.4600/-
- Post Code (%) - Sub Inspector [National Investigation Agency (NIA)] -Group “B” Rs.4200/-
A Central Civil post carrying the following grade pay :-
- Post Code (R) - Junior Statistical Officer [M/o Statistics & Prog. Implementation] - Group “B” Rs.4200/-
- Post Code (T) - Auditor [Offices under C&AG] - Group C” 2800
- Post Code (U) - Auditor [Offices under CGDA] - Group C” 2800 18-27
- Post Code (V) - Auditor [Other Ministry/Depts.] - Group C” Rs.2800/-
- Post Code (W) - Accountant Jr. Accountant [Offices under C&AG] - Group C” Rs.2800/-
- Post Code (X) - Accountant Jr. Accountant [Other Ministry/Dept.] - Group C” Rs.2800/-
- Post Code (Y) - Senior Secretariat Assistant/Upper Clerks [Central Govt. Offices/Ministries other than CSCS cadres] - Group C” Rs.2400/-
- Post Code (Z) - Tax Assistant [CBDT] - Group C” Rs.2400/-
- Post Code (@) - Tax Assistant [CBEC] - Group C” Rs.2400/-
- Post Code (#) - Sub-Inspector [Central Bureau of Narcotics] - Group “C” Rs.2400/-
- Rs.5400, Rs.4800, Rs.4600 and Rs.4200 in the scale of pay of Rs 9300 – 34800/- in the Pay Band-2Group-C
- A Central Civil post carrying the following grade pay Rs.2800, Rs.2400, Rs.2000, Rs.1900 and Rs.1800 in the scale of pay of Rs.5200-20200 in the Pay Band-1
SSC CGL - Eligibility CriteriaNationality/Citizenship:
A candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st Jan. 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Exam, but the offer of appointment will be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Govt. of India
Age Limit for SSC CGL
Upper Age Relaxation:
- For Post for which age limit is 20-27 years.
- For Post for which age limit is 18-27 years.
- For Post for which age limit is 20-30 years.
- For Post for which age limit is upto 30 years.
- For Post for which age limit is upto 32 years.
Permissible relaxation of upper age limit as per Govt orders as well as category-codes for claiming age relaxation as on the date of reckoning (01st August 2017) are as below:
SC/ST 5 years; OBC 3 years; PH 10 years; PH + OBC 13 years; PH + SC/ST 15 years (For Group “B” & “C” posts); Ex-Servicemen (Unreserved/General); 03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the Closing date for receipt of application; 07 Ex-Servicemen (OBC) 06 years(3 years + 3 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the Closing date for receipt of application; 08 Ex-Servicemen (SC & ST) 08years(3 years + 5 years); (Group B) General 05 years, (OBC) 08 years, SC/ST 10 years; Central Govt. Civilian Employees (Group C) (General)-upto 40 years of age, OBC-upto 43 years of age, SC/ST-upto 45 years of age; Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir (General) 5 years, (OBC) 8 years, SC/ST 10 years; Widows/divorced women/women judicially separated and who are not remarried (General)-upto 35 years of age, OBC-upto 38 years of age, SC/ST-upto 40 years of age
SSC CGL Educational QualificationsAssistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer:
Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute
Desirable Qualifications for the Post of Assistant Audit Officer: Chartered Accountant or cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Master’s in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business EconomicsStatistical Investigator Grade-II:
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% in Mathematics at 12th standard level (or); Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree levelCompiler:
Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subjectAll other Posts
: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent
All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for appearing at the Data Entry Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test will be required to produce the relevant Certificates such as Mark sheets for all the three years of Graduation/Provisional Certificate/Certificate of Graduation in original as proof of having acquired the minimum educational qualification.
Candidates who are able to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying exam was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/she has been declared passed, will also be considered to meet the Educational Qualification
Application Fee: SSC CGL Examination
Candidates who applying for SSC CGL Examination shall require to submit an application fees Rs. 100/- Only. Fees can be paid online using SBI netbanking facility or Credit Card Debit Card etc. Also a candidate can chose to pay fees offline through "Central Recruitment Fees Stamps (CRFS)" only at Post Office. ST/SC)/PH/Women /Ex-Servicemen Category candidates are not required to pay any fees.
Exam Centres: SSC CGL Examination Tier - I
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) administers Combined Graduate Level Examination (CGLE) across following cities:
Agra, Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Gangtok, Ranchi, Barasat, Berhmpore, Chinsurah, Jalpaiguri, Kolkata, Malda, Midnapur, Siliguri, Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Keonjhargarh, Sambalpur, Port Blair, Bangalore, Dharwar, Gulbarga , Mangalore, Mysore, Kochi, Kozhikode (Calicut), Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Almora, Dehradun, Haldwani, Srinagar (Uttarakhand), Haridwar, Delhi, Ajmer, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Sriganganagar, Udaipur, New Delhi, Itanagar, Dibrugarh, Guwahati (Dispur), Jorhat, Silchar, Kohima, Shillong, Imphal, Churachandpur, Agartala, Aizwal Guntur, Hyderabad, Kurnool, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Vishakhapatnam, Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli , Puducherry Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Rajkot, Surat, Bhavnagar, Kutch, Amravati, Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Pune, Thane Bhandara, Chandrapur, Akola, Jalgaon, Panaji, Anantnag, Baramula, Jammu, Leh, Rajouri, Srinagar(J&K), Kargil, Dodda, Hamirpur, Shimla, Bhathinda, Jalandhar, Patiala, Amritsar, Chandigarh
Application Procedure: SSC CGL Examination Tier-I
Prospective candidates required to fill online application to appear for SSC CHSL Examination. Online application window shall remain open till application procedure is over. Candidates can submit online application form using official website https://ssc.nic.in/
Question Paper Pattern SSC CGL ExaminationSSC CGL Tier-1 Exam Detail
- The overall time for CGL Tier-1 online exam is 75 minutes only
- No. of Questions in exam will be 100 only.
- There will be 25 Questions per Section.
- Negative marking in Tier-1 Exam is 0.50 marks
- General Intelligence and Reasoning (25 Questions of 50 Marks)
- General Awareness (25 Questions of 50 Marks)
- English (25 Questions of 50 Marks)
- Quantitative Aptitude (25 Questions of 50 Marks)
SSC CGL Tier-2 Exam Detail
- Paper-1 : Quantitative Abilities (100 Questions of 200 marks)
- Paper-2 English Language and Comprehension (200 Questions of 200 marks).
- Paper-3 : Statistics (100 Questions of 200 marks).
- Paper-4 Finance and Accounts (100 Questions of 200 marks).
NOTE : for each section there would be two hours given to you.
SSC CGL Tier-3 Exam Detail
This is descriptive (Hindi/English) exam with paper pen mode. (Carry total 100 Marks with 1 Hour duration)
SSC CGL Tier-4 Exam Detail
This exam is proficiency (skill test *Wherever Applicable) & Document Verification, candidates have to show their real knowledge apart from bookish knowledge.
***Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) / Computer Proficiency test only for Income tax department.
SSC CGL Admit Card
All candidates whose application has submitted successfully shall require to download and print application from official website. Admit Card will be available 10 to 15 days before exam day. The SSC publishes information about release of admit card on its website and send alerts to candidates on registered email id and mobile number.
SSC CGL Result
You can check SSC when announced from website www.result.shiksha