- Ssc Constable Gd
SSC Constable GD Recruitment Examination
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) administers recruitment examination for the selection of Constable GD. On the basis of SSC Constable GD Recruitment Examination seats will be filled in various security forces of Government of India. Candidates who have completed 10 year of school studies are eligible to apply. However, those who have higher qualification can also appear for the test. Postings are offered in the following departments:
Reservation is available in different forces according to the rules prescribed by the Government of India.
SSC Constable GD Recruitment Important Dates
- Starting date of submission of application form: November / December
- Last date for submission of application form: December/January
- PST / PET Date: March
- Result declaration of PST / PET: April
- Examination date of written exam: June
- Result declaration of written exam: August
- Medical Examination Date: October
- Result declaration of Medical Test: November
SSC Constable GD Recruitment Eligibility Criteria
Educational Qualification: Candidate should have cleared 10th class from a recognised board.
Age Limit: Candidates age should not be less than 18 years and not more than 23 years. The Age relaxation is also applicable to the reserved category candidates as per Govt. Rules & Regulations.
SSC Constable GD Recruitment Examination Pattern
SSC Constable GD Recruitment Examination is available as Computer Based Test and Paper Based Test. A candidate is free to chose any of the method. Paper will be available in English and Hindi languages.
The written test has 4 sections, namely General Knowledge, English, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude. Each section will carry 25 questions. No of marks allotted for each section are 50. Thus total number of questions are 100 and total marks 100. Time allocated to complete the test is 120 minutes.
Negative Marking: For each incorrect answer candidate will be penalized by -0.25 marks.
SSC Constable GD Recruitment SyllabusReasoning
- Imagination skills.
- Analytical reasoning.
- Classification of Figures.
- Odds even classification.
- Number series.
- Visual Memory.
- Spatial Orientation.
- Alpha Numeric series.
- Blood relations.
- Coding and Decoding
- Observation etc.
- Current affairs National.
- The culture of India & Heritage.
- Current Affairs – International.
- Indian History.
- Indian & World Geography.
- Science & Technology
- The economy of India.
- Indian Constitution etc.
- Systems of Number.
- Arithmetic operations.
- Decimals and Fractions.
- Whole Numbers.
- Time and Distance.
- Ratios and Proportions.
- Profit and Loss statements.
- Ratio and Time.
- Time and Work etc
- Synonyms or Homonyms.
- Error spotting.
- Idioms & Phrases.
- Substitution of One word for a group of words.
- Editing of Sentences.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Editing the spellings.
- Active/Passive Voice of Verbs.
- Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration.
- Para jumble.
- The arrangement of words to form the sentence.
- Close Passage.
- Comprehension skills.
- अशुद्ध वाक्यों के शुद्ध रूप.
- विलोमार्थी शब्द.
- वर्तनी की सामान्य अशुद्धियाँ तथा शब्दों के शब्द रूप.
- शब्दों के स्त्रीलिंग, बहुवचन.
- किसी वाक्य को अन्य लिंग में परिवर्तन.
- मुहावरा व उनका अर्थ.
- समानार्थी व पर्यायवाची शब्द.
- अनेक शब्दों के लिए एक शब्द.
- कहावतें व लोकोक्तियां के अर्थ.
- संधि विच्छेद.
- क्रिया से भाववाचक संज्ञा बनाना.
- रचना एवं रचयिता इत्यादि.
SSC Constable GD Recruitment Physical Standard TestHeight:
- Male Candidates: – 170 cms.
- Female Candidates: – 157 cms.
- Height relaxation can also give to some candidate but he/she has to fulfil some conditions. The Conditions are as below.
- If a candidate of North – Eastern state of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim & Tripura then:
- Male Candidate: 160 cms.
- Female Candidate: 147.5 cms.
- Those candidates are from the States of Assam, Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Dogras, Marathas, belonging to Himachal Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir then:
- Male Candidate: 165 cms.
- Female Candidate: 155 cms.
- Those candidates belong to Schedule Tribe: –
- Male Candidate: 162.5 cms.
- Female Candidate: 150 cms.
Only for Male Candidates.
Unexpanded: 80 cms.
Minimum Expanded: 5 cms.
- Weight should be proportionate to height & age.
SSC Constable GD Recruitment Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Those candidates will clear the physical standard then they will call for physical efficiency test.
- Male candidates: 5 km. in 24 Min.
- Female Candidates: 1.6 Km. in 8 Min.
Candidates for Ladakh region
- Male Candidates: – 1 Mile in 6 Minutes 30 seconds.
- Female Candidates: – 800 mtr. in 4 Minutes.
How to apply for SSC Constable GD Recruitment
Prospective candidates required to fill online application to appear for SSC Constable GD Recruitment Examination. Online application window shall remain open till application dates are over. Candidates can submit online application form using official website https://ssc.nic.in/
SSC Constable GD Recruitment Admit Card
All candidates whose application has submitted successfully shall require to download and print application from official website. Admit Card will be available 10 to 15 days before exam day. The SSC publishes information about release of admit card on its website and send alerts to candidates on registered email id and mobile number.
SSC Constable GD Recruitment Result
You can check SSC Result when announced from website www.results.shiksha