Homeopathy Education in India

The history of Homeopathy in India is associated with the name of Dr. Honigberger, a French man who brought homeopathy to India.However, the system came to be practiced in India during the life time of Dr. Hahnemann, the father of Homeopathy. He was a German physician and geologist came to India around 1810 for geological investigations and remained for some time in Bengal where he distributed homeopathic medicine to the people.

Homeopathy is the system of alternative medicines. The patients are treated by enhancing the natural healing power of the human body. The concept of homeopathy is that the body rejuvenates itself because of its self-healing power.

Apex Body of Homeopathy

Central Council of Homoeopathy (CCH) is a statutory apex body under the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Department of AYUSH. Set up   by the Government of India in 1973, it was part of the Professional Councils of University Grants Commission (UGC). It was formed to monitor higher education in India.

Homeopathy Courses in India

These days homeopathy is becoming an equally popular branch of medicine  among students. Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine & Surgery (BHMS) is an undergraduate degree course in homeopathic system. This degree is awarded after the completion of 5.5 years academic programme containing the 4 and 1/2 year academic session and one year internship programme. 

A homeopathy graduate can find employment opportunities in both private and public sector. He or she can join government or private hospitals or clinics, charitable institutions, NGOs, or research institutes. 

Homeopathy Colleges in  India

There are a number of colleges in India offering BHMS courses like National Institute of Homeopathy, Kolkata, Bakson Homeopathy Medical College and Hospital, Bharatesh Homeopathic Medical College, Shri Sai Ram Homeopathy  Medical College and Research  Centre, C.M.P. Homeopathic Medical College and Baroda Homeopathic Medical College.

To know more about Homeopathy education in different states and UTs please go to:-

Connect me with the Top Colleges