- Career Options
- Business Finance
Actuary (Plural; Actuaries) is a professional who uses Mathematical/Statistical/Logical skill sets based on Data to define Risk and Uncertainty. An Actuary professional is appointed by Government and Private agencies both to safeguard the interests of the company/organization. To become an Actuary you need to study Actuarial Science.
Anyone who fulfills one of the following eligibility criteria may choose to become student member of IAI. On successful completion of course the candidate will be eligible to work as Actuary.
- Students who have appeared 10+2 or an equivalent examination and waiting for the result.
- A candidate who have passed 10+2 or any other higher courses/examinations.
- Finance, or any other stream, but you have love for Mathematics and skills in Numeracy.
- Mathematical Sciences: Maths, Statistics, Econometrics or any other.
- Chartered Accountant, Cost Accountant or a Company Secretary.
Actuaries play key role in business management with responsibility for safeguarding the financial interests of the public. They play statutory roles in insurance industry, employee benefits, social security, health benefits, government schemes and valuation of future liabilities. The Actuarial skills are valuable for any business that involves long-term financial projects due to their professional rigor combined with their model-based solution for most complex commercial problems.