- Performing Arts
NSD Entrance Test 2019 - National School of Drama
The National School of Drama (NSD) New Delhi conducts entrance test for admission to three year diploma (full time-residential) courses in Dramatic Arts. The course aims at training the students to become
Professionals in the area of direction, design, acting and various other theater related disciplines. The NSD Entrance Test 2019 is on schedule now. Here are important details.Medium of instruction:
English/ HindiTotal No. of Seats:
This year the session starts from July, 2019
NSD Entrance Test 2019 Eligibility CriteriaQualifications
- Candidates should have successfully completed their graduation in any discipline from a recognized University in India or Abroad.
- Candidates should have participated in at least 6 theatre productions.
- Candidates working knowledge should be English/Hindi.
- Candidates should have 3 recommendations from theatre experts.
- They should possess a documentary proof of the theatre experience.
The age of the candidate should be between 18-30 years as on 1st July, 2019. However, there is a relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC / ST as per Govt. of India norms.
Reservation of Seats for SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/ PwD
There is a reservation of 4 seats for SC, 2 Seats for ST, 7 for OBC (Non Creamy Layer) and PwD as per Govt. of India rules.
NSD Entrance Test 2019 Selection Process
The selection for the three year diploma (full time-residential) courses in Dramatic Arts in NSD are done in two phase process.First,
the candidate are required to appear for a preliminary examinationSecond,
the selected candidates need to appear for a final examination workshop.
An NSD Expert Committee will be constituted for assessing the talent and aptitude of the candidates & their decision will be final. Any kind of Canvassing in this regard will result in disqualification of the candidate.
The school reserves all the rights to shortlist the number of candidates for preliminary/ audition test on the basis of the experience of the candidates in theatre arts.
The final selection of candidates are subject to the clearance of fitness test. The students selected for admission are required to undergo a final medical test for physical fitness at NSD Delhi.
NSD Entrance Test 2019 Pattern
The questions paper will comprise of topics like Acting Skills and Aptitude.
- Exam Mode: offline
- Language: Hindi or English. Candidates have to choose any one language to write the exam.
NSD Entrance Test 2019 Centers For Preliminary Test/Audition and Final Workshop (Tentative)A preliminary test/audition for NSD will be conducted at twelve centers i.e.
1st & 2nd May, 2019
4th & 5th May, 2019
7th, 8th & 9th May, 2019
11th & 12th May, 2019
14th May, 2019
16th, 17th & 18th May, 2019
20th May, 2019
22nd May, 2019
24th May, 2019
26th, 27th, 28th, 29th May, 2019
31st May,1st & 2nd June, 2019
4th, 5th,6th, 7th & 8th June, 2019
The guide lines and Study Material for preliminary test/ audition will be available in the prospectus both in the website and also in hard copies. Candidates after qualifying the test will need to attend a workshop of 5 days in the NSD premises, New Delhi from 26th to 30th June, 2018.P.S.:
The candidates will be provided with Daily Allowance and a 3 tier Sleeper class train / bus fare from the place of their residence to Delhi & back by the shortest route, for their final selection. However, the same will be provided only the submission of cash receipt/ticket. They will also be provided with the accommodation on a modest sharing basis.
Financial Assistance at NSD
The selected candidates will be given a monthly scholarship of Rs. 8000/- per month to meet their various academic and other related expenses.
NSD Entrance Test 2019 Application Process
Applicant can choose any of the options listed below:Option 1
- Candidates can fill up the application form online by visiting the official website www.onlineadmission.nsd.gov.in
- The other necessary documents can also be submitted online. An application fee of Rs. 50/- has to be paid for filling up the online application form.
- Applicants can download the application form online by visiting the official website www.nsd.gov.in
- The downloaded application along with Demand Draft of Rs 150/- must be sent in favour of - The Director, National School Of Drama, New Delhi in an envelope titled “Application for Admission 2019-22”. Form without DD/Pay Order will not be accepted.
- Applicants can avail the prospectus and Application form from the Book Shop of the National School of Drama on a cash payment of Rs. 150/- between 10.00 am to 1.00 pm & 2.00 pm to 5.00 pm on all working days.
- Applicants can receive the prospectus and application form (in English & Hindi) by post. They may request for it to -The Dean, Academic, National School of Drama, Bahawalpur House, Bhagwandas Road, New Delhi – 110001
- The request for the application form should be made along with a crossed Demand Draft/Pay Order of Rs. 225/- (Rupees two hundred twenty five only) , payable at Delhi, including the postal charges in favour of The Director, National School of Drama, New Delhi. Request for receiving the application form by post must reach the school
Candidates belonging to foreign countries can only apply through the Indian Council for Cultural Relation as per the norms.
NSD Entrance Test 2019 Preparation Tips
- Firstly, try and gather all possible details required for NSD Entrance test 2019.
- To avail a seat in NSD, one should work in various abilities like acting, knowledge about theatre, dancing, singing, etc.
- Make a proper time-table and divide your time equally for all the activities.
- Do not forget to work on your fitness, do regular meditation, yoga, exercise, etc.
- Work hard and gather a good amount of knowledge & experience about theatre and acting.
- Also do not neglect to work on your other talents like playing a musical instrument, knowing its type, etc.
- Do not take too much stress and be confident about your preparations.
NSD Admission Test 2019 Syllabus
The NSD admission test will comprise of questions to check the acting skills and aptitude of the candidate.Some important topics for NSD entrance test 2019 are listed below:
- Origin and Development of Folk Theatre
- Relationship between Rituals and Folk Theatre
- Famous Theatre Persons in India
- History of NSD Famous Persons Studied Thereform
- Folk Forms and Technology
- Origin and Development of Ancient Indian Theatre
- Indus Valley Civilization Art
- Importance of Street Plays
- Method of Acting
- Origin and Development of Sanskrit Theatre
- Names and History of Sanskrit Play Writers
- Overview of Amateur Theatre
- Karnataka Folk Theatre Forms
- Western Theatre
- Influence of Western Culture in Indian Drama
NSD Entrance Test 2019 FAQsQuestion: How can I avail the NSD Application Form 2019?Answer:
One can avail the application form in three ways –
Question: What is the age limit to apply for NSD Admission 2019?Answer:
- Online from the official website
- via post.
- In – person from the Book Shop of the National School of Drama
The minimum age of the candidate should be less than 18 years and the maximum should not be above 30 years as on 1st July, 2019.Question: I have completed my graduation in Commerce stream, am I eligible for admission in NSD?Answer:
Yes, of course you are eligible.Question: How can I pay the application fee?Answer:
The application fee can either be paid online or through a demand draft.Question: Is it necessary to send the application form to the authority?Answer:
Yes, you can either submit the application form online or have to send it to the authority address.