Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF)
The Maulana Azad Education Foundation (MAEF) was established on the occasion of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad's birth centenary celebrations in 1989. He was towering figure on the Indian political scene and a scholar rated high in the realms of Urdu Literature. But his greatest claim to fame was his contribution as a thinker with a world vision and humanist outlook.A dogged freedom fighter and an un-failing upholder of secular and democratic values. Maulana Azad deserves to be introduced afresh to the modern generation of Indians.
The Foundation is a voluntary, non-political, non-profit making social service organization, established to promote education amongst educationally backward sections of the Society.
The main objective of the scheme is to provide basic educational infrastructure and facilities in the area of concentration of educationally backward minorities which do not ; have adequate provision for elementary , secondary schools and Sr. Sec. Schools / Jr . Colleges / Professional & Vocational Training Institutes.
MAEF Vision and Mission
- The Foundation was established to promote education amongst the educationally backward minorities in particular and other weaker sections in general.
- The Foundation is a voluntary, non-political, non-profit making social service organization, established to promote education amongst educationally backward minorities.
At present, the Maulana Azad Education Foundation is providing the following Schemes:-
- Online Registration of NGOSs for Grant-in-Aid Scheme
- Advertisement of Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship for the Year 2018-19
- Online Registration of Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship Scheme
Gharib Nawaz Skill Development Training for Minorities Scheme
- Proposals Invited for (PIAs) under Gharib Nawaz Skill Development Training for Minorities
The purpose for which Grant-in-Aid is provided:-
- Financial assistance for construction/expansion of Schools working for the educationally backward minorities.
- Financial assistance for purchase of Science/Computer lab equipments/furniture for the Institutions working for the educationally backward minorities.
- Financial assistance for purchase of equipments / construction / Expansion of Vocational Training Centre/ITI/Polytechnic working for the educationally backward minorities.
- Financial assistance for construction of Hostel building in the institutions working for the educationally backward minorities.
- Financial assistance construction/Expansion of D .Ed/B .Ed. College working for the educationally backward minorities.
- Financial assistance for construction of Toilets in the Schools assisted by MAEF.
MAEF Grant-in-Aid Eligibility Criteria
- Society/Trust should be registered under the Societies Registration Act/ Indian Trust Act for the last three years.
- Society/Trust (NGO) should be registered on NGO-D ARPAN of NITI Aayog Portal.
- Society/Trust (NGO) must be having properly constituted Managing Committee with its powers clearly defined in its bye-laws.
- Society/Trust must be having proper audit reports with Balance Sheet, Receipt- Payment and Income-Expenditure statements reflecting educational activities carried out for the last three years.
- Society/Trust should be in a position to receive involvement of knowledge-able persons for furtherance of their programmes on voluntary basis.
- Society/Trust (NGO) should not be run for the profit of any individual or a body of individuals/ family and it should not be controlled by any individual or a body of individuals/ family . The members from one family should not be more than 50% in the Managing Committee . The NGO will have to attach an affidavit on Rs .100/- stamp paper that the members belonging to one family are less than 50%.
- The institutions for whose construction/expansion the assistance is required should be in existence and recognized/affiliated to the concerned State/Central Board/ Council/ University.
- Society/Trust should promote communal harmony and social unity.
- More than 25% of the beneficiary students in the Institution for whose expansion/ strengthen assistance is sought should be belonging to educationally backward minorities/ target group.
- For seeking assistance for constr uction of hostel building , it is necessary that the Institution for which the hostel is required should be recognized at least up to 12 th standard and 10 standard for North Eastern States and Jammu &;; Kashmir.
- Society/Trust (NGO) must be having at least 500 sq. yard land (in urban/semi-urban areas) or at least half acre land (in rural areas) in its name or on lease for not less than 30 years for the proposed project or as per criteria laid down by recognizing / affiliating body of respective State / Central Board / Council/ University.
- Society/Trust (NGO) should be ready to invest at least 15% of the total cost of project as NGO's share on the project
- Society/Trust (NGO) will not take loan on the building constructed/being constructed with MAEF assistance/on the land on which the building has been constructed with the assistance of the Foundation. However , if it becomes necessary , then prior permission of the Foundation for the same will be necessary.
- Society/Trust (NGO) will have to inform about the funds received under FCRA, if any , or funds likely to be received under FCRA.
- Institutions recognized by Madarsa Boards or running as Study/ Examination Centres of NCPUL, NIOS , MANNU etc . are not entitled for getting grants from MAEF.
To know about the instructions for filling up Agreement Bond, Undertakings, Instructions for Bank Account, click here
MAEF Contact Details
Maulana Azad Education Foundation
(Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt. of India)
Maulana Azad Campus,Chelmsford Road
New Delhi-110 055
Contact No. 91-11-23583788/23583789
Fax No. 91-11-23561945