- Career Options
- Preschool Teachers
Preschool teachers should have extra ordinary fondness for small children and a lots of patience, if you have this aptitude then there is no better career option for you than this. You can have immense job satisfaction seeing children develop new skills and gain an appreciation of knowledge and learning. Preschool teachers educate children of ages 3 to 5 usually. They explain reading, writing, science, and other subjects in a way that young children can understand.
Role of Preschool Teachers
- Prepare children for kindergarten
- Plan and carry out a curriculum that targets different areas of child development
- Organize activities so children can learn about the world, explore interests, and develop talents
- Develop schedules and routines to ensure children have enough physical activity, rest, and playtime
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring problems to the attention of parents
- Keep records of the students’ progress, routines, and interests
Skills of Preschool Teachers
Academic Skills: Montessori training is compulsory for pre-school teachers. Graduates or even Class 12 passed students can opt for Montessori training.
Communication skills: Preschool teachers need good communication skills to convey the information effectively to parents and colleagues about students’ progress.
Creativity: Preschool teachers should plan lessons creatively that engage young students and suit different learning styles.
Instructional skills: Preschool teachers need to be organized and able to explain difficult concepts in terms young children can understand.
Patience: Working with children needs patience, and preschool teachers should be able to respond calmly to overwhelming and difficult situations.
People skills: Preschool teachers must understand children’s emotional needs and be able to develop good relationships with parents, children, and colleagues.
Scope of Pre School Teachers in India
Play schools or pre schools or Montessori schools have mushroomed over the years all over India. Be it the top cities or Tier II cities, play schools have come up in a big way. These schools require Montessori teachers who can handle very young children and understand their emotional needs.Opportunities are plenty in India and one can expect a lot of vacancies and job prospects in the coming years.
Click below for a complete list of education related careers in India