- International Tests
TELC or The European Language Certificates are one of the international standardized tests of ten different languages. It is administered by telc GmbH, which is subsidiary of German Adult Education Association. It is taken in English, German, Turkish, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Czech and Arabia.
TELC consists of four sections namely, reading, writing, listening and speaking. Thus, it is conducted in written and oral formats.Following is the TELC format -
- Reading Comprehension consists of three tasks, which are reading for gist, reading for detail and selective reading. Language Elements consists of two tasks, wherein the candidates have to take a multiple choice test and complete a text.
- Listening also consists of three tasks, which are listening for gist, listening for detail and selective listening.
- Writing part consists of one task whereby the candidates have to write a formal letter.
- The Oral test generally takes place with two candidates, which lasts for around 15 minutes. And if there are three candidates, then it takes about 25 minutes.
- Presentation is one of the parts of oral test where a candidate has to present something briefly to their partner, which should not take more than 90 seconds. After this, the candidate answers the questions asked by his/her partner.
- Discussion consists of a controversial topic wherein the candidates have to exchange arguments and present their point of view clearly.
- Task is another part wherein the candidates have to express their opinions and provide with all the details they can think of on a given situation.
The total scoring for TELC is 300 points whereby written examination consists of 225 points and oral examination consists of 75 points.
TELC is taken every year in 17 countries, which are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland and Turkey.
For more information, please click here