- Join Indian Navy
Indian Navy Education Officers Recruitment 2019
The Education branch of Indian Navy strictly deals with training of officers/sailors and you'll never be posted onboard ships. The job of this particular branch is as far from the real navy as could be. A key determinant for the outcome of any mission is the training imparted to officers and men. Any methodical and scientific instructions including theoretical aspects of technical subjects of all Branches of the Navy are imparted to the sailors and officers of Indian Navy. The Education officers are also responsible for the general educational advancement of its personnel.
Roles and Responsibilities of an Education Officer in Indian Navy
- Conducts various online and offline in-service examinations for officers and sailors at pan-India level using the latest technology.
- A large number of Naval Reference Libraries have been set up in order to meet the educational, professional and recreational needs of naval personnel, Education Officers are responsible for setting up, functioning and introduction of latest techniques and technologies in these libraries.
- The Education Officers imparts education in various Indian Naval Training Establishments including the prestigious Indian Naval Academy (INA) at Ezhimala. They also impart training to officers during their ab-initio and specialisation courses at technical training establishments like INS Valsura and INS Shivaji.
- Provide oceanography/meteorology services support for maritime operations.
- The Officers are engaged in teaching technical, service and science subjects to naval cadets undergoing B.Tech training at INA.
- Provide guidance and coaching to sailors for their career progression in service.
- Few senior ranks Education officers are also deputed as Principals and Vice Principals to various Sainik Schools across India.
Education Officers in Indian Navy 2019 Eligibility CriteriaNationality:
IndianQualification & Requirement
Candidates should secure a minimum of second class in their master’s degree in Physics or Mathematics from a recognized university. Those who have done their Master’s degree in physics must have studied Mathematics and those possessing master’s degree in Mathematics should have studied Physics during graduation.
Candidates should secure a minimum of second class in their master’s degree in Chemistry or English from a recognized university. Those who have done their Master’s degree in Chemistry should have studied Physics during graduation and those possessing Master’s degree in English should have studied Physics or Mathematics in their intermediate or other equivalent level.
Candidates should possess a degree in Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Engineering in Computer Science/Technology.
Candidates must secure a minimum of second class in their master’s degree in computer application or computer science. They should have studied either Mathematics or Physics at their graduation level.
Candidates should have done their post-graduation in Humanities (Economics/History/ Political Science) from a recognized university.
Education Officers in Indian Navy 2019 Training & Advancement
Candidates will undergo a Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala after being inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant. They should also be enrolled for a professional training at various Naval Training Establishment /Units/Ships.
Education Officers in Indian Navy 2019 Education Opportunities
The meritorious Education Officers sometimes get selected for M Tech in various reputed institutions, including IITs/NITs. They undergo a range of specialisation courses, including Anti-Submarine Warfare, Naval Communication, Gunnery, Hydrography, Navigation & Direction, Meteorology and oceanography.
Education Officers in Indian Navy 2019 Application Process
applying for more than one type of entry are required to submit
separate applications. However, only one application form is to be
filled for a particular entry. Choice of entry is to be clearly
indicated on the application form. Applications are received only
through Ordinary Post. Applications received through speed post/
registered post or couriers are rejected.
To know more about How to write online application successfully
, click here.