AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination 2019
The prestigious and the toughest AIIMS entrance examination will be conducted by The All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi for admission to its MBBS program at AIIMS New Delhi and six other AIIMS (Patna, Bhopal, Jodhpur, Bhubaneshwar, Rishikesh, Raipur, Guntur (Andhra Pradesh) & Nagpur (Maharashtra). All students who have successfully completed their 10 plus 2 or other equivalent examination are eligible to take the AIIMS entrance examination.
The candidates are required to sit for an online (computer-based) examination comprising of four sections, i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge. The test paper will have questions from the 12th standard books and their performance will be evaluated on the basis of that.
The duration of the course is 5.5 academic years which also includes a year of compulsory internship. With the successful completion of the course, the students will be awarded with a MBBS degree.
Dates for AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination 2019
- Exam Date: Saturday, 25th May, 2019 & Sunday, 26th May, 2019
- The Entrance Examination will be conducted only in Online Mode [Computer Based Test (CBT)] in two shifts per day (9:00 AM to 12:30 PM and 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM).
- Result Notification: 12th June, 2019 (Wednesday)
- Start of Seat Allocation/Counselling Process: Dates will be declared later
- Open Counselling [If required]: Dates will be declared later
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination 2019 Admission Procedure
Generally, the classes begin from 1st of August and if those in the merit list does not join classes, their seat is cancelled and offered to the one whose name is first on the waiting list. However, the candidates are not usually admitted to the MBBS course after 30th September of the year of admission. Following are the required documents that the selected candidates need to bring during the admission process:
- The 10 plus 2 or other equivalent examination pass certificate.
- The Board Certificate from where the candidate has passed the High School or Higher Secondary Examination, showing the birth date of the candidate.
- The 10 plus 2 or other equivalent examination Marksheet showing 60% or higher marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together. However, for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OPH should score 50% marks.
- The Migration certificate of the candidate from the university or board that he/she has last attended.
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination 2019 Selection Procedure
For the general category and the OPH candidates the cutoff marks is 50 percent and for the OBC and SC/ST candidates its 45 percent and 40 percent respectively and this applies to all the AIIMS. The merit list for the selected candidates will be displayed on the Examination Section of AIIMS and also separate speeds post/registered post will be sent to all the selected candidates. The results will also available online in the official AIIMS website.
The candidates are also required to pass a medical examination before the final admission and incase they are found unfit, their admission will get cancelled. Hence, in order of merit, the next candidate is admitted.
Before the final admissions decision, candidates must pass a medical examination. If you are found medically unfit, you will not be admitted. In order of merit, the next candidate is admitted.
Application Form for AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination 2019
The candidates are required to fill up online application form for applying to the MBBS programme offered by AIIMS, New Delhi and the 8 new AIIMS (at Bhopal, Patna, Jodhpur, Raipur, Rishikesh and Bhubaneswar).
How to Apply Online for AIIMS MBBS entrance exam
a) For Indian Nationals (for AIIMS, New Delhi & 8 new AIIMS
i. Follow all the instructions that are given in the help manual of the AIIMS website, www.aiimsexams.org
ii. When registering yourself online, never miss to fill out all the correct details and save them. After successfully registering, an SMS and email with your Application Number and password along with your application status will be send to your registered mobile number and email-id.
iii. The scanned images of your latest signature and photograph should be uploaded in the application form.
iv. The application fees can be paid through debit/ credit card, or through SBI Bank Challan. Please note that the bank challan can be deposited at the bank only after at least one day of the challan generation.
v. After successfully making the payment, get a printout of the registration slip.
vi. You should make sure that you do not register for more than 1 application.
No hard copies of any document are to be send to AIIMS office. Instead, it should be kept safely with you in a file as these would be required at several stages of the admission and the selection and process.
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination 2019 Admit Card
The admit card of the candidates appearing for AIIMS Entrance Exam 2018 will be available online from 16 May, 2018 onward on the website www.aiimsexams.org
. In case the candidates are having problem to download the admit card should soon lodge a complaint to the Asstt. Controller of Exams, AIIMS, New Delhi -110 068 along with the complete details of your registration form or at the email id - email@example.com) For Foreign Nationals (for AIIMS, New Delhi only)
The candidates belonging to the Foreign nationals (of developing countries only) are not required to fill up the online application form instead they need to contact the Indian Mission/ Post in their countries. However, they should avoid applying directly to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare or the All India Institute of Medical Sciences.
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Given below are the eligibility criteria for AIIMS MBBS medical entrance exam, 2018
Eligibility criteria for Indian nationalsFor AIIMS, New Delhi and the six AIIMS-like institutions
- The age of the candidates should be 17 years as on the 31st December of the year of admission.
- The candidates should score a minimum of 60% marks in their 10 plus 2 or other equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English as the core subjects. However, there is a relaxation of 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
- If the candidates are appearing for the 10 plus 2 examination in 2018 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English as main the subjects, then you are eligible to apply for AIIMS MBBS medical entrance exam, 2016, provided they secure the required marks and evidence of the minimum marks should be produced later when required.
Eligibility criteria for foreign nationalsOnly for AIIMS, New Delhi
There is only one seat for the Foreign nationals at the AIIMS, New Delhi for the MBBS seat. They are nominated by the Government of India and the candidate must score atleast 50% marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology combined in intermediate science or other equivalent examination. These candidates are not required to sit for the AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination 2018.
Eligibility criteria for overseas citizens of India (OCI)For AIIMS, New Delhi and the six AIIMS-like institutions
The eligibility criteria for overseas citizens of India (OCI) candidates are same as that of India Nationals. They are required to show their Proof of registration as OCI.
AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination 2018 is generally include topics from the 12th standard or 10+2 science books. No syllabus is prescribed by the institute. Each correct answer carries one mark and there is a negative marking of -1/3 for every wrong answer. No marks are deducted or given for any unanswered questions and if there is more than one response to a question, then the answer is treated as incorrect.AIIMS MBBS Contact Details
All India Institute of Medical Sciences
New Delhi - 110029; India
Phone: 91-11-26588500, 91-11-26588700, 91-11-26589900
Fax: 91-11-26588663, 91-11-26588641
Official Website: www.aiimsexams.org