- Entrance Exams
- Dnb Cet
DNB CET 2018
The NBE (National Board of Examination) organizes this national level examination for admission to the DNB PG & DNB Super Speciliaty courses. The examination is conducted twice in a year (January and June Session). The DNB CET 2018 is a qualifying-cum-ranking examination which offers admission to various Post Graduate courses including Direct 6 year course in the specialty of Plastic Surgery, Neuro-Surgery, Cardio-thoracic Surgery and Pediatric Surgery.
DNB CET 2018 Important Dates
- Availability of Information Bulletin: 11th May 2018 onwards
- Online submission of application form for DNB-CET (2018 July Admission Session): 11th May to 31st May 2018
- Examination Dates for DNB-CET (2018 July Admission Session): 29th June 2018
- Declaration of Results: 31st July 2018
- Cut off date for completing internship: 31st August 2018
DNB CET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have a MBBS degree/Provisional Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- Candidates must possess permanent / provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India/ State Medical Council.
- Candidates must complete their one year of internship/likely to complete on or before 31st August 2018.
- Those candidates who are already pursuing a DNB course are not eligible to appear for the DNB-CET till they have completed the entire duration of the prescribed course or have been discharged from the course.
- Candidates who have joined DNB- Broad Specialty course in or after December 2014 session are not eligible to appear in DNB-CET (2018 July Admission Session).
DNB CET 2018 Seat Reservations
There will be a reservation of seats for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Schedule Tribes (ST), Persons With Disabilities (PWD) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) for admission at a particular college or institute as per their rules.
Candidates under the reserved category are required to produce the certificate issued by competent authority in respect of SC/ST. Those applying under the PWD category will also have to produce a certificate for the same. For certification, candidates can visit any one of the below mentioned disability assessment board:
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjang Hospital, Ansari Nagar, (Ring Road), New Delhi-110029
- All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hazi Ali Park, K.Khadya Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai-400034
- Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, 244 Acharya J.C. Bose Marg, Kolkata – 700020
- Madras Medical College, Park Town, Chennai – 600003
The certificate for the same should be with the candidate before the counselling process.
DNB CET 2018 Examination FeeAmount:
The above fees is inclusive of examination fees and information bulletin; Information Bulletin shall be available at website for information. Fees once paid is not refunded under any circumstances.
How to pay DNB CET 2018 examination fees
Candidates are required to pay the fees online through payment gateway using Credit Card or a Debit Card issued by banks in India or through net banking.
DNB CET 2018 Admit CardCandidates will receive the DNB CET 2018 admit card via e-mail. It will be sent approximately 7 days before the main exam date.
DNB CET 2018 Examination Pattern
The exam shall be conducted on a single day in a single session for a duration of 3.5 hours. Candidates are required to answer a total of 300 questionsAllocation of time for the DNB-CET 2018 shall be as follows:
- Candidates can enter the examination center and commence Biometric Registration: 12:00 pm
- Entry closes at Examination Center: 01:30 pm
- Grant access for Candidate Login: 1:45 pm
- Candidates log in to read instructions: 1:50 pm
- Exam Start Time: 2:00 pm
- Exam End Time: 5:30 pm
DNB-CET shall be multiple choice questions exam delivered on computer based plateform (CBT). The question paper shall comprise of PART-A and PART-B each having 150 MCQs with a total duration of 3½ hours.
The question paper shall consist of 300 MCQs (1 mark each) with single correct response.Negative Marking:
There shall be 25% negative marking for incorrect answers. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
Allocation of Marks for each MCQ:Response Marks
- Correct Response: 4 marks
- Incorrect Response: 1 mark shall be deducted
- Unattempted Question: Zero
Candidates must bring to the test centre the following documents. Any unfair means case shall be registered against the candidates submitting false/forged documents:
i) Admit Card print out with a photo pasted on it.
ii) Photocopy of the Permanent or Provisional SMC/MCI registration*, to be retained by the test centre
iii) Any one of the following authorised photo IDs** (must be original and non-expired):
Aadhar Card (with photograph)
DNB CET 2018 Demo TestThose candidates who completes the registration process before the last date will be able to access a demo test for the same.The demo test will be provided by NBE to get the candidates familiarise with the pattern of the computer-based test.
DNB CET 2018 Syllabus
The Syllabus for the exam shall comprise of subjects / knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India.Subject-wise distribution of questions for DNB CET Exam (2018 July admission session)
- Anatomy: 24 marks
- Physiology: 24 marks
- Biochemistry: 24 marks
- Pathology: 18 marks
- Microbiology: 18 marks
- Pharmacology: 18 marks
- Forensic Medicine: 12 marks
- Ophthalmology: 12 marks
- ENT: 12 marks
- SPM, Statistics & Biomedical Research: 24 marks
- General Medicine: 26 marks
- Psychiatry: 6 marks
- Dermatology & STD: 6 marks
- General Surgery: 25 marks
- Orthopedics: 5 marks
- Anaesthesiology: 5 marks
- Radiology: 5 marks
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology: 24 marks
- Paediatrics: 12 marks
Grand Total: 300 marks
DNB CET 2018 Result
DNB CET 2018 result for the July session will be declared on 31st Jul 2018. The results will be available on the official website of NBE. Those candidates are able to clear the minimum percentile set by NBE, will be considered as qualified. The minimum cutoff percentile for different categories are as follows:
- General – 50th percentile
- SC/ST/OBC – 40th percentile
- PWD – 45th percentile
DNB CET 2018 Counselling
All qualified candidates are required to appear for the DNB CET 2018 counselling process.for this exam. Apart from clearing the exam, candidate should also fulfill all the eligibility criteria.
The counselling will be done purely on the basis of merit cum choice basis. An Indicative list of DNB seats shall be available at NBE website. The final list of seats available shall be notified at NBE website prior to the start of counselling.
DNB-CET 2018 Exam Centers
How to apply for DNB-CET (2018 July Admission Session)?
The online submission of application form for DNB-CET (2018 July Admission Session) is available via www.nbe.edu.in
from 11th May 2018 to 31st May 2018. Online submission of application form begins on 11th May 2018 from 3:00PM onwards. The last date for submission of application form is 31st May 2018 (11:55 PM).
Note: Candidate may note that there is no option for submitting the form other than the online mode, offline applications or printed copies will not be accepted.
To know more about How to write online application successfully
, click here.
DNB-CET 2018 Contact Details
Telephone Numbers: 91-11-45593000 (30 lines)
The telephone numbers can be accessed from 09.30am to 05.30pm from Monday – Friday.
Fax Numbers: 91-11-45593009/ 91-11-45593031
National Board of Examinations
Medical Enclave, Ansari Nagar
Ring Road, New Delhi-110 029
P.O. Box No. 4931
Nodal Office (South - I)
For Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Maharashtra
National Board of Examinations,
St. John's Medical College,
Nodal Office (South - II)
For Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Orissa and Chhatisgarh
National Board of Examinations,
Nizam Institute of Medical Sciences, CP&T Block,