MMST Admission Test 2018 - SMST IIT Kharagpur
The Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (IITKGP) conducts written test MMST 2018 for admission to Masters in Medical Science & Technology. The course is administered through School of Medical Sciences and Technology (SMST). The candidates who have completed MBBS program can apply for admission. The course is interdisciplinary in nature.
The institute's website proudly reads
"Our vision is to have a medical academic institute with a multi-specialty research centre at its core, with the motto of education and collaboration for biomedical research and development, alongside treatment and healthcare delivery."
If you are a medical professional in the making, the IIT Kharagpur welcomes you to curate the technology for the causes of human health and biomedical landscape.
Come, bridge the gaps...
Applications for MMST 2018 are open now.
MMST Admission Test 2018 Important Dates
The official dates for MMST 2018 are still not released. Find the tentative dates as per last year’s schedule
- Start of Online Application Form submission: 26th April 2018 (Thursday)
- Start of Online Application Form submission: 31st May 2018 (Thursday)
- Download Admit Cards: 1st June 2018 (Friday)
- Exam Date: 23rd June 2018 (Saturday)
- Result Announcement: 9th July 2018 (Monday)
- Announcement of 1st list of candidates: 9th July 2018 (Monday)
- Last date of admission for 1st list of candidates: 23:59 hours of 17th July, 2018 (Tuesday)
- Announcement of 2nd list of candidates: 18th July 2018 (Wednesday)
- Last date of admission for 2nd list of candidates: 25th July 2018 (Wednesday)
- Announcement of Final List of candidates: 26th July 2018 (Thursday)
- Last date of admission for Final List of candidates: 1st August 2018 (Wednesday)
- Date of Registration: 10th August 2018 (Friday)
MMST Admission Test 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have studied mathematics (even as additional subject) in their 10 plus 2 level.
- Candidates should have scored a minimum of 55% marks in their MBBS Degree from an institute recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
MMST Admission Test 2018 Application Process
The application process to apply for MMST 2018 is complete online. Apply Online for MMST 2018. The application window is available through http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/mmst
MMST Admission Test 2018 Application Fees
- General/OBC Male/Transgender candidates: Rs.1500/-
- All Female or SC/ST/PwD candidates: Rs.750/-
The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IITKGP) rewards Assistantship to all candidates who main a good academic record and render 10 hour per week clinical services in B.C. Roy Technology Hospital, IIT Kharagpur.
MMST Admission Test 2018 Center
MMST Admission Test 2018 Pattern
- Question Type: Objective Type
- Duration: 2 hours (10:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon)
- No. of questions: 120
- Marks: 1 mark for each correct answers and 0.25 negative mark each wrong answer
MMST 2018 Selection Process
The selection of the candidate is strictly based upon their performance in the written test. They are required to answer 120 questions, out of which 75 are from the MBBS syllabus. The remaining questions are equally from 10 plus 2 level Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
MMST Previous Years Question Papers
To gather an idea of how MMST Exam question paper looks like and take mock test here are previous years question papers
MMST Admission Test 2018 SyllabusPhysics
Newton's Law of Motion, translation and rotation, energy and power, conservation of linear momentum, simple harmonic motion, Hook's law, First law of thermodynamics, expansion of solid, Gas laws, Maxwell distribution of velocity, waves, interference of two waves, total internal reflection, Coulomb's law, Ohm's law, Magnetic field due to current, Faraday's law of induction, Photoelectric effect, Bohr model of atom, Radioactivity.Chemistry
Chemical equilibrium, chemical and enzyme kinetics, Nuclear chemistry, Enzyme catalysis, Coordination Chemistry - preliminary concepts, Bonding, Strong and weak interactions, Inductive and resonance effect on acidity and basicity, Characteristics reactions of alcohols, aldehydes, ketones, amines, carboxylic acids and their derivatives, Optical isomerism of compounds containing two asymmetric centers, Aromatic and heterocyclic compounds (one hetero atom), Carbohydrates, Amino acids, Nucleic acids and proteins: general structure and physical properties.Mathematics
Algebra of complex numbers, Theory of quadratic equations and quadratic expressions, relationship between roots and coefficients, Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progression, Equation of a straight line in various forms, angle between two lines, distance of a point from a line, lines through point of intersection of two lines, Limit, continuity and derivatives of a function, limit, and derivative of sum, difference, product and quotient of two functions and composite functions, Integration as the inverse process of differentiation, integration by parts.Medical Sciences
Anatomy - gross and applied Physiology, Biochemistry and genetics, Pharmacology: emphasis on clinical pharmacology, Pathology including microbiology and parasitology - emphasis on microscopic structures. Social and preventive medicine : emphasis on infectious and communicable diseases, immunization and family planning, Medicine including Paediatrics, Surgery including Orthopaedics and Urology, Obstetrics & gynaecology, Ophthalmology and ENT, Anaesthesia and oncology, radio-diagnosis.
MMST Contact Details
Prof. Suman Chakraborty
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Kharagpur - 721302, West Bengal
Phone No. (03222) 282221
Fax No. (03222) 255303, 282221