The National Board of Examination (NBE) offers National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Super Specialty Courses (NEET SS). On the basis of performance in this examination seats are offered in the PG Medical Programmes leading to award of Doctorate of Medicine (DM) and Magister Chirurgiae (MCh) degrees. Following given detailed information.
NEET SS Application Process is completely online. Following given NEET SS Schedule
- Availability of Information Bulletin: First / Second week of May
- Online submission of application form: Generally application window opens with the release of latest schedule and closes by last week of May.
- Date of NEET SS Examination: June
- NEET SS Result: July
NEET SS Examination Fee
Candidate need to submit an Examination Fee of Rs. 3750/- towards NEET SS examination. Fee can be paid using debit card / credit card / net banking etc.
Note: Fees amount may vary depending on the year of examination.
NEET SS Scope
NEET SS is eligibility criteria for admission to DM and MCh course across all medical colleges / universities / institutions / deemed universities and Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions
NEET SS Limitations
Following institutions are covered under NEET SS for DM and MCh admission
- AIIMS New Delhi
- PGIMER Chandigarh
- JIPMER Puducherry
- NIMHANS Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology,Thiruvananthapuram
NEET SS Eligibility
Candidates who possess MD / MS / DNB Qualification are eligible to apply for NEET SS 2019 and further admission into DM / MCh courses. Also candidates who are expecting their result of qualifying examination on or before 15 July of the year of NEET SS Exam can apply. Registration of candidates with MCI or any State Medical Council is compulsory.
NEET SS Examination Pattern
- The NEET SS is computer based examination. Questions asked are multiple choice type.
- At the time of filling online application a candidate can chose for maximum of two super specialty courses for which his / her broad specialty qualification is eligible.
- 40% questions shall be asked from feeder super specialty courses and remaining 60% from the super specialty courses selected by the candidate.
- The total number of questions asked shall be 100 divided over two parts; Part A and Part B.
- The duration of examination for candidates chosing 1 super specialty course in 1 hour 45 minutes
- The duration of examination for candidates chosing 2 super specialty course is 3 hour 30 minutes
- 4 marks will be correct response.
- Negative 1 mark will be awarded for incorrect response.
- No marks will be awarded for questions not attempted.
NEET SS Tie Breaker Rules
- Candidates with lesser number of negative responses will be placed at higher merit rank.
- Candidates scoring higher marks in Part B will be placed at higher merit rank.
- Candidates with lesser number of negative responses in Part B will be placed at higher merit rank.
- Older candidates will be placed at higher merit position.
NEET SS Test Sites
The National Board of Examination (NBE) administers NEET SS across following Indian cities
- Hubbali (Hubli)
How to apply for NEET SS Entrance Exam
The application process for NEET SS is completely online. Application window opens in May every year. Apply Online Log on to http://natboard.edu.in
The candidates applying for NEET SS can use following channels for support and information