The Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Pondicherry (JIPMER) conducts the national level medical entrance exam JIPMER 2019 for admission to MBBS programme. The JIPMER exam is tentatively conducted in the month of June, where thousands of students from all parts of the country compete for the MBBS seats.
JIPMER 2019 Important Dates
- Starting of online application form: 6th March, 2019
- Last date of submitting application form: 12th April, 2019
- Releasing of admit card: 3rd week of May, 2019
- JIPMER MBBS exam date: 2nd June, 2019
- Releasing of result and rank letter, 3rd week of June, 2019
- First counselling: 26th – 28th June, 2019
- Second counselling: 24th July, 2019
- Third counselling: 21st August, 2019
- Final counselling: 26th September, 2019
- Closing of admission: 30th September 2019
JIPMER 2019 Application Fee
- General (UR): Rs. 1500
- SC/ST & P-SC/ST: Rs. 1200
- NRI/OCI: Rs. 3000
- OPH & P-OPH: Exempted from application fee
JIPMER 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidates should atleast be 17 years of age as on or before the 31st December 2019.
- The candidates should successfully complete their class 12 or other equivalent examination from a recognized board in India. Those who are going to appear for their class 12 exam in 2018 are also eligible to appear for JIPMER 2018.
- It’s compulsory for the students to study Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology and English in their class 12 and should successfully clear in all the subjects individually in the qualifying examination.
- The candidates should score a minimum of 50% marks in the class 12 or other equivalent examination. For the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH category should score 40%.
JIPMER 2019 Exam Pattern
The JIPMER 2019 exam will only be conducted through online (CBT) mode. The total duration will be of about 150 minutes. It will be conducted in two shifts, i.e. one in morning and another in afternoon. The examination will be asked in English language.
No of Questions: 200 questions will be asked in the examination.
Type of Questions: MCQ will be asked in the exam.
Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer. No negative marking.
Physics: 60 marks
Chemistry: 60 marks
Biology: 60 marks
English Language and Comprehension:10 marks
Logical & Quantitative Reasoning: 10 marks
Total marks: 200
JIPMER 2019 Admit card
The candidates will be able to download their JIPMER 2019 admit card by visiting the official website in the month of May.
JIPMER 2019 Result
The JIPMER result 2019 will tentatively be declared by the university in the month of June.
JIPMER 2019 Counseling
The candidates who are selected in the JIPMER exam 2018 written test will finally be called for counseling. Therefore, the final admission of the candidates will be based on the rank scored by the candidate in the JIPMER entrance exam and then the counseling.
JIPMER ACADEMIC SECTION
Office Superintendent : 0413-2298288 , 0413-2912111
PS to Dean : 0413-2298283,
Email : dean[at]jipmer[dot]edu[dot]in