- Join Indian Army
Indian Army AEC Recruitment 2018
The Directorate General Recruitment / AG Branch publishes recruitment notification for Army Education Corps (AEC) twice in a year. Both unmarried and married post graduates are eligible to apply. Notifications are carried out through official website and Employment News twice in a year; March/April and September/October. Candidates need to for 12 Months course/training at Indian Military Academy (IMA) Dehradun.
Type of Commission:
Permanent Commission: On successful completion of training cadets will be granted Permanent Commission (PC) in the Army in the rank of Lt. Training:
Duration of training is one year at the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun.
AEC Salary Structure
The candidates will receive a stipend of Rs. 21,000/- p.m. (Rs 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of Rs. 5,400/-).
AEC Vacancies 2018
- MA/MSc in English/Geography/Economics/History/Pol Science/ /International Relation: 4
- M.Sc in Physics/Chemistry/Maths/ Zoology/ Botany/ Geology /Nano Science/Computer Science/Electronics: 6
- Foreign language (MA in Chinese): 2
AEC Eligibility Criteria 2018Age Limit:
The age of the applicant should be 23 to 27 years as on 1st January 2018. They should be born between 2nd January, 1991 and 1st January, 1995 (including both the dates).Educational Qualification:
Candidates who have successfully completed their Post Graduate Degree in the notified subjects with 1st or 2nd Division are eligible to apply.Nationality:
A candidate must either be:
a. an Indian citizen,
b. a subject of Nepal,
c. a subject of Bhutan,
d. a Tibetan refugee who has come to India, before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling down in India,
e. an Indian origin person who has migrated from Vietnam, Ethiopia, Zaire, Malawi, Zambia, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, East African Countries of Kenya, Sri Lanka, Burma and Pakistan with the intention of permanently settling down in India.
f. The Government of India should issue a certificate in favor of the candidate belonging to the categories (b), (c), (d) and (e).
However, Certificate of eligibility will not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.Physical Standards
a. Height and Weight: The height of the candidate should be atleast 157.5 cms with correlated weight. There is a relaxation of 5 cms in height in case of candidates belonging to the North East and hilly areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis. For candidates belonging to Lakshadeep, there is a relaxation of 2 cms in height and weight commensurate with reduced height.
b. Permanent Body Tattoos : Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand.Medical Examination:
The recommended candidates are required to undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers.
AEC Selection Process 2018
- Received online applications of candidates will be forwarded to respective Command HQrs.
- Preliminary Screening test will be held in respective Command HQ. Preliminary selection of prospective candidates studying in the Pre – Final Year (Engineering) will be made by selection teams detailed by Command HQ for holding preliminary interviews at University/ College.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates will be interviewed at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP) and Bangalore (Karnataka) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer.
- The candidates will be put through two stages of selection procedure. Candidates who successfully qualifies stage – I are retained for stage – II, whereas the unsuccessful candidates will have to leave the interview venue.
- The duration of SSB interview is 5 days, followed by a medical examination.
- Finally the candidates declared fit and recommended by the SSB will be issued joining letters for training in order of merit.
AEC Procedure of Application 2018
Interested aspirants, who accomplish the above mentioned eligibility criteria successfully, may precede for the online application process. The link for online application is accessible at its official web page- joinindianarmy.nic.in
. All candidates are supposed to go through the list of instructions available and fill up the online application form accordingly.
To know more about How to write online application successfully
, click here.