- Join Indian Army
NCC Special Entry Scheme 2018 in Indian Army
The Indian Army welcomes National Cadet Corps (NCC) for grant of Short Service Commission (Non Technical) i.e. SSC Non-Technical. Both unmarried males and females are eligible to apply under this cadre. The NCC Special Entry Scheme 43rd Course shall commence in October 2018. The selected cadets will receive a 49 week course training at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu (TN), India.
Details of open vacancies for NCC Special Entry Scheme 43rd Course - Oct. 2018a) NCC Men
- 50 (45 for General Category and 05 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel only)b) NCC Women
- 05 (04 for Women general category and 01 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel only)
NCC Special Entry Scheme 2018 Pay Scale
- Lieutenant - Level 10 = Rs.56100-177500/-
- Captain - Level 10B = Rs.61300-193900/-
- Major - Level 11 = Rs.69400-207200/-
- Lt Colonel - Level 12A = Rs.121200-212400/-
- Colonel - Level 13 = Rs.130600-215900/-
- Brigadier - Level 13A = Rs.139600-217600/-
- Major General - Level 14 = Rs.144200-218200/-
- Lt General HAG Scale - Level 15 = Rs.182200-224100/-
- Lt Gen HAG Scale - Level 16 = Rs.205400-224400/-
- VCOAS/Army Cdr / Lt Gen (NFSG) - Level 17 = Rs.225000/-(fixed)
- COAS - Level 18 = Rs.250000/-(fixed)
- Military Service Pay (MSP): MSP to the officers from the rank of Lt to Brig Rs.15500/- p.m. fixed
NCC Special Entry Scheme 2018 Important Dates
- Start of Application Process: 11th January, 2018
- End of Application Process: 8th February 2018
NCC Special Entry Scheme 2018 Eligibility CriteriaNationality:
A candidate must either be:
a. an Indian citizen,
b. a subject of Nepal,
c. a subject of Bhutan,
d. a Tibetan refugee who has come to India, before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling down in India,
an Indian origin person who has migrated from Vietnam, Ethiopia, Zaire,
Malawi, Zambia, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, East African
Countries of Kenya, Sri Lanka, Burma and Pakistan with the intention of
permanently settling down in India.
f. The Government of India should
issue a certificate in favor of the candidate belonging to the
categories (b), (c), (d) and (e)
However, Certificate of eligibility will not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.Note:
Those who have been withdrawn on disciplinary ground from NDA, IMA, OTA or any other Service Training Academy are not eligible to apply.Age Limit:
- The age of the NCC candidates (including wards of Battle Casualties) should be between 19 to 25 years as on 1st Jul 2018. They should not be born before 2nd July 1993 and not later than 1st July 1999.
For NCC 'C' Certificate HolderEducational Qualification:
Candidate should score a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in their degree from a recognized University. Candidates in their final year of degree courses are also allowed to apply, provided they have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in their first two/three years. Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks if selected in interview failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
Service in NCC:
Candidates should have served for a minimum of two academic years in the senior Division/Wing of NCC.Grading:
Candidates should have obtained a minimum of ‘B' Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.
For Ward of Battle Casualties of Army PersonnelEducational Qualification:
Candidate should score a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in their degree from a recognized University. They are not required to possess a NCC 'C' certificate.
NCC Special Entry Scheme 2018 Selection Process
There are two stages of selection for the selection of candidates:
Stage 1: SSB Interview
Stage 2: Medical Examination
(a) All applications are forwarded to Rtg. Directorate (NCC Entry) through HQ DG NCC. The NCC Units/Gp HQs will forward the applications to State Directorates who in turn will forward the same to HQ DG NCC.
(b) Thorough Screening/Short-listing of applications based on qualifications of the candidates will be carried out by the NCC Directorates & HQ DG NCC.
Note: The exact Date, time and venue for the exam/interview will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course as well as such information will be also available in the official website of Indian Army.
NCC Special Entry 2018 Interview VenuesThe interview will be held at Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka), Kapurthala (PB).
NCC Special Entry 2018 Application Form
Candidates may apply online by visiting the official website of Indian Army www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
For Applicants under category of Wards of Battle Casualties are required to download their application form from the official website. The duly filled in application form should be sent by post to the following address:
Directorate General of Recruiting I Rtg-A
NCC Entry, West Block-Ill, R.K. Puram
The application should reach the Directorate General of Recruiting latest by 15th February 2018 along with all requisite documents and certificates.
To know more about How to write online application successfully
, click here.