- Education Funding
- Idb Undergraduate Scholarship Programme
IDB Undergraduate Scholarship Programme
IDB Undergraduate Scholarship Programme is offered by the Islamic Development Bank, Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to needy and qualified Muslim students who have passed class 12 (SSSC)
and secured admission in an undergraduate programme of a recognised
university in India.
The scholarship programme was started in the year 1983 in several countries with the aim to promote professional studies among Muslim community. The scholarship is also offered to Indian students in association with Muslim Education Trust, which is a voluntary education NGO working for the betterment of minority group through education.Benefits
The scholarship may cover tuition fees and/or monthly
stipends, books & clothing allowance and medical coverage through
public or university-sponsored hospitals, etc.
IDB Undergraduate Scholarship Programme Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must have completed his/her class 12 (SSSC) with a minimum of 70% marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics.Note:
Applicants from Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu must secure a minimum 80% marks (aggregate) in the above-mentioned subjects. Also, the applicant wishing to pursue Law must have secured at least 60% marks in English and optional/elective subjects.
- Candidates must have secured admission in a recognised university in the current academic year for a professional undergraduate programme of 4 to 5 years.
- Candidates must not be over the age of 24 years and not be receiving any other scholarship.
- Candidate's parents must be financially weak and unable to pay for his/her education.
- Candidates opting for payment or self-financing seat is not eligible to apply.
- Candidates must be committed to serving his/her community after graduation.
Note: Applicant selected in Top-10 universities (as per MHRD) will be given preference. Also, applicants joining degree courses after Diploma are not eligible for the scholarship.
IDB Undergraduate Scholarship Programme Application Process
- Step 1: Go to official website https://www.isdb.org/scholarships and download the application form.
- Step 2: Fill in all the details.
- Step 3: Affix recent photos on the form.
- Step 4: Attach all the necessary documents.
- Step 5: Send the completed application form to the address mentioned below:
Muslim Education Trust
E-3, Abul Fazl Enclave
- Attested copies of class 10 and 12 mark sheets.
- Attested copies of class 10 and 12 certificates.
- An attested copy of birth certificate if the date of birth is not mentioned in class 10 certificate.
- A copy of fee deposit receipt issued by the college/institution as proof of date of admission.
- Father/Guardian's pay slip or income certificate.
IDB Undergraduate Scholarship Programme Selection Criteria
- On the basis of applicants' performance in class 12 (SSSC) exam, they will be called for pre-selection program and interview at a centre in their respective state/region.
- The interview may also be conducted through Skype.
- Based on the pre-selection interview, state-wise merit list will be prepared on the basis of academic performance, financial need, Islamic knowledge and commitment towards the community.
- Applicants will be marked out of total 100 marks:
70% of the marks scored in class 12
20% marks for financial need
10% marks for Islamic knowledge and commitment to community
The list of shortlisted candidates and their interview marks will be submitted to the Scholarship Division, IDB, Jeddah. Their decision regarding the selection for the scholarship will be final.Note:
- The approved fields of study to be considered under the IDB scholarship
programme are Bachelor's degree courses in Medicine, Dentistry,
Pharmacy, Veterinary Science, Physiotherapy, Nursing and Biotechnology,
Engineering (all branches), Agriculture and Bachelor of Law (BA LLB)
and other related fields.
- The IDB will also provide various
programmes besides scholarship to the selected scholars for the
development of their personality and professional skills.
- The applicant needs to accept the conditions of scholarship programme and sign the IDB bond.
- The students receiving grants under this scheme must undertake the following to cover after their graduation and employment:
either the fees of the first year's study of a new undergraduate student
the fees of his/her Master’s degree's first year. In this case, the
IDB will support him/her by covering the fees to complete his/her
IDB Undergraduate Scholarship Programme Contact Details
Address: Muslim Education Trust,
E-3, Abul Fazl Enclave, Jamia Nagar,
For latest updates see notifications