- Education Funding
- Raman Research Fellowship
Raman Research Fellowship
Raman Research Fellowship is offered by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India for CSIR researchers for carrying out research in the fields of emerging/high priority technology at renowned foreign institutions/R&D Centres of Excellence to enhance their R&D capability/skills.Benefits:
- The selected candidates will get a fellowship amount of USD 2500 per month.
- The candidates will receive a lump sum amount of USD 1000 as contingency and preparatory expenses.
- A supplementary grant of USD 1000 for participation in
conferences/visiting institutions of excellence in the country of
placement is also provided to the fellows.
- International airfare to & fro by the cheapest economy class is also given.
- The duration of the fellowship is two to six months.
Raman Research Fellowship Important Dates
Last date to apply: 2nd week/3rd week of February
Fellowship term: start date: Last week of March/1st week of April
Raman Research Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be a regular scientist of CSIR,
- Candidates must have high academic qualifications, i.e., postgraduation in Engineering and PhD in Natural Science.
- Candidates must have a research experience of a minimum of 5 years in CSIR,
- Candidates must be presently working in high priority areas (FTT/Mission mode projects/NIMITLI projects/major programs of the Institute.
- Candidates must have contributed to research/innovation in the proposed area of the international level.
- Candidates must not be of more than 45 years of age.
Raman Research Fellowship Application Process
To download the application form go to official website https://www.csir.res.in/award/raman-research-fellowship-award-csir-scientists
Step 2: Fill in all required details and attach necessary documents.
Step 3: Prepare six copies of the application form.
Step 4: Submit it to the respective CSIR institute as instructed in the latest notification.
- The applicants should not apply for this fellowship just to seek
training or carry out tests using the host institution's facilities.
- A maximum of two applications should be forwarded by the CSIR institutes, that too after thorough and careful evaluation. In case the number of applications exceeds, they will be returned to the concerned institute.
- The acceptance letter of host institute.
- A copy of detailed description of the research work to carried out abroad.
- A write-up of one-page describing the novelty of research topic.
- List of publications including both national and international.
- List of Books and Patents (if any).
Raman Research Fellowship Selection Process
The selection process will be conducted by a selection committee to be constituted by the DG CSIR.
The fellows will be called as 'Raman Research Fellow' and will be sent abroad on deputation terms.
The candidate must present the letter of acceptance from the host
institution duly attested by the Director of the Institute at the time
The candidates will have to execute a bond before going abroad on
Fellowship to serve the concerned Lab/Institute for 3 years on their
Raman Research Fellowship Contact Details
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
Anusandhan Bhavan 2,
For latest updates see notifications