- Education Funding
- National Child Award
National Child Award
The National Child Award formerly known as the National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement is offered by the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India for students in the age group of 5 to 18 years with exceptional abilities and outstanding achievements in the fields of
innovation, scholastic achievements, sports, arts & culture, social
service and bravery. This award is now renamed as Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar also called Bal Shakti Puraskar.Benefits:
Each awardee will be given a medal, a cash prize of INR 1,00,000, book vouchers worth INR 10,000, a certificate and citation.
National Child Award Important Dates
Final recommendations by the National Selection Committee: Last week of November/1st week of December
Awards ceremony: The week preceding the Republic Day Week
National Child Award Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates residing in India.
- Candidates having age between 5 and 18 years.
- Candidate must have excellence in any one of the following fields: Innovation, Scholastic achievements, Sports, Arts, Culture, Social service and Bravery.
- Changes in the nominations in any or all the categories can be made by the committee at its discretion.
- The decisions made by the National Selection Committee will be final.
- The recipients need to personally receive the awards.
- Except in rare cases, the awards shall not be awarded posthumously.
- The award ceremony will be organized by MWCD and other arrangements
like boarding, lodging and transportation of awardees shall be done by
the MWCD too.
National Child Award Application Process
Visit the official website https://awards.gov.in/ for latest application registration.
National Child Award Contact Details
Ministry of Women & Child Development,
Government of India,
Dr Rajendra Prasad Road Shastri Bhawan,
New Delhi -110001